TKOEC - Chapter Nine

Wednesday, September 3rd, 2025

Isabella's POV

Nonno Kalani asked me, mommy, Aunt Noel, and Dia to help pick a ring for Ms. Salomé. Mrs. Daniella, Ana Maria, and Angelina are coming too. Nonno is going to propose to her, and we get to help. She is really nice, and I like her. I didn't like the other lady Nonno brought over for dinner.

Nonno and mommy parked in front of the jewelry store. Mommy helped me out. Dia was able to get out by herself. We saw Mrs. Daniella, Ana Maria, and Angelina park right behind us.

After we got out, I held Nonno's hand as we walked into the store.

"Hi, welcome to Love In Mind Jewelers. My name is Hope. How can I help you today?"

"Hi, I'm Isabella. My Nonno Kalani wants a ring."

"Hi, there Isabella."

"I'm looking for an engagement ring. As my granddaughter suggested, it has to be sparkly. With me are my daughters, my granddaughters, my girlfriend's daughter, and hopefully future granddaughters." Nonno answered.

"We have an amazing selection of engagement rings. Please follow me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kam's POV

Dad picked out a beautiful ring. He paid for it, then we left the store.

"Kalani, that is a beautiful ring. My mom will love it," Daniella says.

"Should I call you my grandpa now?" Ana Maria asked.

My dad picked Ana Maria up. "Of course, you can sweetheart. Let's all hope your grandma says yes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, September 6th, 2025

Kam's POV

Tonight is going to be amazing! Tonight is going to be international night - food-wise and dancing. Shane is bringing several British dishes, with help from Brently and Nana Margie. Bliss, Lesia, and Andrea are making dishes from Barbados. Julian Jr, Julian Sr, and Mason Sr are making American dishes. Marco, Cris, and Antonio are making Italian. Salomé, Daniella, and Lucian are making Puerto Rican dishes. Dad, me, and Noeli are making Hawaiian dishes.

My Nana and grandpa flew in from Hawaii with my uncles. The only ones we are missing are Layla, Ryan, Austin, and Kimmie. I told Layla we are having it recorded and will make sure she gets a copy. And, bring her some food.

Daniella and I helped dad come up with an idea that will involve each grandkid and child, well except Lucian.  He was okay with that.

Dad even asked Lucian for permission to marry Salomé. Trust me, there will be tears tonight with Dad's proposal.