TKOEC - Chapter Sixteen

Sunday, August 9th, 2026

Marco's POV

We have been on baby alert ever since Noeli had Braxton Hicks contractions this past week. Ricario is due on the 12th, which is Wednesday.

Kam, Cris, and the kids came to the house today. Cris and I are in the pool with the kids. Kam and Noeli are relaxing in the lounge chairs. Shane and Bliss are on their way too. I hear a car door, so they must be here.

"Aunt Kam! Uncle Marco!" Shane, Pilar, and the twins ran in the backyard.

I got out of the pool and dried off.

"Hey, kiddos."

Bliss, Shane, and Jordan were right behind the kids. "Hi, everyone."

"Hi, Bliss, Shane, and Jordan. Come on inside. Lunch is in the kitchen. And, we have floaters for the kids. We have a kiddie pool too."

"Raquel and Raeni do not like the pool. Shane and Pilar, would you like to get in the pool with Uncle Marco and Uncle Cris?" Bliss asked them.

"Yes, mummy," Shane and Pilar replied.

Shane and Pilar followed Bliss into the house to change their clothes. Raquel and Raeni went over with Kam and Noeli.

"Jordan is a splasher when he has a bath. So, I'll sit him in the kiddie pool." Shane took Jordan inside to change his clothes.

Tucker and Simba, our dogs, ran out of the house with little Shane, Pilar, and Bliss.

"Arf! Arf!!"

Bliss and I put the floaters on the kids, and then we got in the pool.

Kam's POV

"Aww, look at Jordan in the kiddie pool, splashing Shane."

"Ha. Ha. I'm going to need a towel to dry myself off. As long as Jordan is having fun, I don't mind getting wet," Shane replied.

"Okay, Fiore kids, time to take a break and get something to eat."

"Do we have to, mama?" Isabella said while whining.

Cris didn't say one word. He just looked at Isabella, and she got out of the pool. After the kids dried off, they went inside to fix themselves a plate to eat.

"Noeli, you want something to eat?"

"Uh, no, because my water just broke. I want to go to the hospital!!"

"Raquel and Raeni, come to daddy," Shane says as the girls run over to him.

I immediately stood up from my lounger to Noeli up from her chair. Marco shot up out of the pool and ran into the house. Cris helped little Shane, Pilar, Sofia, and little Marco out of the pool.