Part 1: Garreg Mach Monastery

Y/N grew up in a noble family, not one particularly high standing in the alliance hierarchy, but a noble family nonetheless.  Her father idolized the Five Great Lords, he'd been working for years to get some type of leg in, but to no avail.  

Her mother died during childbirth and it seems that dear old dad can't find another scapegoat, she would've been cast out ages ago had it not been for her minor crest. Being raised in a home with 3 brothers and constantly taking the blame for everything takes a toll on a persons mental state, thankfully she haven't let it get to her too much. 

There is one thing that brings her hope: Garreg Mach, her father said that it would be best if she  attended the officers academy. After hearing the news a year ago about the newly discovered heir of the Riegan house her father has been suspicious, hence sending her to the same academy said boy will attend.  Y/N can't help but feel bad for the boy, being ridiculed over your birth-given crest is something she could empathize with, doubting he wanted to be shoved into the middle of this. Who knows, maybe this experience could be good for her...

--- One week into the Academy ---

It seems Y/N's futile attempts of making friends has led her nowhere, she has seen the Riegan boy though, er Claude. She doesn't want to bother him so she hasn't quite made any advances towards talking to him. 'Classic Y/N, what would father think, what would your brothers think'. Those thoughts plague her but she tries not to dwell on them too much. 

Her father and brothers have been too busy to write to her thankfully, her eldest brother Lance has been working his way up as a knight, fathers prized son. Next there is Roly, he is the smartest and the nicest of her brothers, he is the only one who ever gave her the time of day. He is studying medicine in the Empire so sadly she have not heard much from him. Lastly, there is Maxis, Y/N's senior by 2 years, yet seemingly more childish. Maxis has always viewed her as a pest, an ever growing ache in his side. The absence of letters is both calming and stress inducing.

She is taking a liking to magic, 'Too weak for close combat',  She'd just prefer to keep a distance from the action. The library is a safe space, that way she feels she can stay out of everyones way and focus on her studies. Her father sent here here more on the hopes of her being a socialite and being his ears and eyes on the other noble houses, but I guess shes not quite cut out for that role.

---

AN- ahhhh man this is my first time like actually writing out some stuff so please be kind ;-;    This first chapter was meant to be more of an overview and a starter so there will be more narrative next chapter !!

sorry for it being so short too 

xox Ace Uncle