tres

"I know you are clumsy and all pero I didn't know you're that clumsy and lapitin ng disgrasya Calliope." 

As soon as I finished my lunch a while ago, I went back to my room agad to have a video chat with my sister para magkwento sa mga nangyari ngayong umaga. I already told her all the mishaps I went through last night after I ate dinner and who would've known that I'd be telling her another set of new embarrassing stories.

"Oo na. Clumsy na kung clumsy. No need to rub it," naka pout kong sabi habang palakad sa balcony. Yup, I got a room with balcony with it that has a view of the sea. I sat down on one of the balcony chairs at pinatong ang paa ko sa maliit na mesa. "But I'm wondering kung bakit sa halos lahat ng mga nakasangkutan kong kahihiyan, he's always there to save me. Well, save me in a way."

"What are you implying now Calli?" She lied down next to her daughter who was peacefully taking her afternoon nap.

"I'm implying that he may be, in a way, a stalker of mine." I spilled which caused her to give me a poker face.

"Enlighten me Calliope," 

"Well, I know that you think that I'm crazy, judging from your poker face. But think about it! Every time I get into trouble, he's always there to save me." Pag-eexplain ko sa kanya. I saw Kora stir a little but thankfully, she didn't wake up.

"Calli, you are delusional," I pouted when I heard her comment. "First of all, kaya lang naman kayo nagkita for the first time ay dahil sa first, you are checked-in in the same resort so naturally, magkakasabay talaga kayo sa van, and second, your suitcases were mixed which, may I remind you, was also your fault dahil sa kagagahan mo." Inirapan ko siya.

"Instead of thinking that he's a stalker," she continued, "how 'bout you thank him instead for saving you from embarrassment and buying you sanitary napkins when  you most needed it. Despite of you, breaking his suitcase and slamming the door on his face, he still chose to help you," she said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Napa-isip ako sa sinabi niya. She has a point. He could've left me alone when he saw that I have some blood stain on my ass. He could've left me to suffer but no. He chose to help me.

"I see that you're giving it a thought. No need to say thank you. I know I'm the best," she boasted. Kora stirred once again and this time, her little eyes opened.

"Mama?" Sambit niya kay ate.

"Well, I have to go. Time to be a mommy again," I nodded and she was about to click the end call button when she stopped. "You know, you should treat him to dinner for saving you back there. Just saying," she said before finally ending the call. I stared at the black screen. I guess she's right. But how am I supposed to invite him to dinner.

I stood up and went to the bed. I jumped on bed, face first, and brainstormed on how to ask that handsome guy out. Heck, I don't even know his name. And why am I stressing out? I'll just invite him to dinner to thank him. Hindi ko naman siya aayaing magpakasal. So calm down Calli.

I decided to get up and walk to the beach to calm myself down and maybe, just maybe, a brilliant idea would come inside my head. I locked the door of my hotel room and headed to the beach. It's already 4 in the afternoon and the sun is setting. It was a beautiful sight and it actually calmed me.

"Hey," I turned around only to see him. Kakakalma ko pa nga lang, andito na agad siya. 'Di ba pwedeng i-ready niya naman ako pag magpapakita siya?

"Hey." I smiled and went near him. He ushered me to sit down on the sand.

"Um," I started. "I just want to, um, thank you for saving me. I would've embarrassed myself more back there if it weren't for you." He said nothing and just nodded.

"And I also wanted to say sorry for destroying your suitcase. I really didn't mean it. I just thought that I forgot my combination again that's why I forced it. It was already too late when I found that it was yours, and not mine. I'm really sorry." Oh ayan, sincere na yan ha.

"It's okay. To be honest, I got a bit mad because that suitcase was a gift from someone special but I figured out that maybe you didn't mean it and there's no use of getting mad at something that you did not do in purpose," he explained as he drew random shapes on the sand.

"Thank you for forgiving me," I laughed a little. "And um, my sister also suggested that I take you out on a dinner daw as a thank you and sorry gift. So, um, will you out on a dinner with me?" I awkwardly stated. Hindi siya sumagot agad at nakatutok pa rin sa akin.

"But if you're busy, it's okay. I do-"

"Dinner sounds good." He quickly cut me off. Nakahinga naman ako ng maluwag pagkatapos niya sabihin yun. For a minute there, I thought he was about to reject me.

He stood up and offered his hand to help me stand up. Tinanggap ko yun at tsaka niya ako hinila pataas. Nasobrahan ata yung paghila niya kasi napasobsob pa ako sa dibdib niya. Daglian pa kaming nagkatinginan bago ako lumayo mula sa kanya. Umubo siya kahit wala naman talaga siyang ubo. Well, that was awkward.

"So, yeah. See you later sa restaurant?" I said while slowly stepping backwards.

"How 'bout I fetch you from your hotel room?" He suggested. I smiled to the idea.

"Sure." He smiled once again. Tumalikod na ako at naglakad na pabalik sa room ko. Erase that. I ran to my room kasi I want to shout. Gusto kong tumalon.

When I reached my room, I did just that. Nagtatalon at nagtititili sa kilig. Omo Calli! Calm your boobs! Ni hindi mo nga alam yung pangalan ng lalaki tapos kung makatili ka diyan. I better get ready for dinner.