Kanroji Sayaka

(Manga)

(Manga)

(Young)

(Young)

(Older)

(Older)

(Anime)

(Anime)

*******

PROFILE

Name: Kanroji Sayaka

Japanese: 甘露寺 さやか

Alias(es): Girl (少女) (Hanako)
                   Sayaka-chan (さやか ちゃん) (Nene)
                   Saya (サヤ) (Kou)
                   Lame Child-Like Witch (ラメ子のような魔女) (Mitsuba)

Age: 13

Gender: Female

Race: Human

RELATIONS

Occupation: Student
                        Alchemist

Affiliation: Kamome Gakuen
                      Drama Club
                      Kanroji Family Alchemists

Relative(s): Unnamed father
                       Unnamed mother

STATUS

Status: Alive

MEDIA

Debut: Manga: Chapter 3
              Spin-off: Chapter 2
              Anime: Episode 2

Voice Actor: JP: Hirano Aya (平野 綾)
                        ENG: Cristina Vee

*******

"My entire life, I've always depended on others for help, but that ends today. From now on, I'll take manners into my own hands."

-Sayaka talking with Nene, Chapter 10 Volume 2

Kanroji Sayaka (甘露寺 さやか) is a second-year student at Kamome Academy's Middle School Division.

Appearance

Sayaka has short dark pink hair tied with an orange ribbon and light blue eyes with a distinct manji pattern as the iris that seems unnatural and even described as a witch by Mitsuba. Her uniform consists of a cream-colored sailor dress, which reaches her knees and has a scalloped hemline. The lining of the skirt is a deep magenta. Her collar, cuffs, and pockets are all a deep brown. Her collar bow is cream colored with brown stripes. She wears the regulation shoes.

Personality

Sayaka initially seemed like an introvert and quiet individual who doesn't engage much in conversations and speaks in a very polite and formal manner to students around her. But once she feels comfortable around others, trusts them, and considers them friends, she shows her real personality, such as Nene, Kou, and Hanako. She can be very childish in her behaviors and way and speech as well as being nice and caring to those around her. Sayaka revealed that she acts that way because she's lonely and wanted to have friends for a long time, thus she began breaking out of her shell.

However, it's slowly revealed that she can be manipulative and cunning behind her friendly facade, wrapping her victims around her fingers and blackmail them emotionally. When things are not going her way, Sayaka will manipulate the situation by any means necessary, such as throwing fits. Despite that dark side of hers, Sayaka is a proud girl of her abilities as an alchemist, vowing to carry on the legacy of her family and never letting it die. It's shown that Sayaka can be shy and socially awkward around boys like when she first met Hanako and Kou but as time went by, she became more relaxed and natural around them.

Abilities

ᴀʟᴄʜᴇᴍʏ

Sayaka is a particularly competent alchemist who transmutes quickly, cleanly, and with remarkable attention to detail. In combat, she uses alchemy to augment her offensive and defensive capabilities, crafting weapons for melee strikes and altering her surroundings to gain the advantage-- transmuting columns, battering rams, and traps for her enemies.

Trivia

• Her favorite snack is crepes.

• Sayaka's birthday, April 1, coincides with April Fools Day.

• She's claustrophobic, or afraid from closed spaces.

• Apparently, Sayaka is a fairly skilled shogi player.

• Sayaka's original face claim is Monaca Towa from Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls.

• Her Japanese VA Aya Hirano is known for her roles as Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail, Imai Nobume from Gintama, Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and many more.

• Her English VA Cristina Vee is known for her roles as Marinette Dupain-Cheng from Miraculous Ladybug, Koharu Seto from Your Lie in April, Killua Zoldyck from Hunter x Hunter 2011, Hawk from The Seven Deadly Sins, Thoma from The Promised Neverland, and many more.