Chapter 3

They landed near a cliff.  "The sunset is amazing here."  Skyflame said.  "Yeah,"  Toucan responded.  The two of them sat together, watching the night slowly replace the red sky.  Toucan wished that she hadn't played hide and seek that day.  She wished she hadn't explored outside the rainforest.  She wished she hadn't disobeyed the rules.

But it didn't matter now.  She was here.  In the present.  Nothing could change that.  Skyflame glanced at Toucan.  He knew she was worried.  "Calm down...please."  He said.  He hugged her tight.  "But what if mom finds out I played hide and seek where I'm not supposed to?  What if she finds out I left the rainforest?  What if she finds out I disobeyed the rules?"  She cried a bit, tears sliding down her cheeks and onto Skyflame's shoulder.  "It won't matter.  We're here!  In the present!  Do you see any of this in the future?"

"No?"

"Right!  Because it's happening now."  He smiled warmly.  "So, all the good things-I know this is the present, but-"  "No, no buts.  This is now.  We can worry about later when it comes.  Do you see us sitting at this cliff, at this time, with birds and crickets playing their nighttime songs?"  "No."  He smiled.  "Your getting it."  Toucan returned the smile.  "We're in the present...and that's what matters."  She said.  They watched the sun rise, listened to the birds chirp, and talk to each other about the sun rise and beauty around them.

"I don't want to leave this place.  It's beautiful!  And mom will be angry!"  Skyflame looked her.  "Then...we'll do this together."

"Yeah...together."

They twined tails, and took off, flying to the rainforest, prepared for Glory's anger.