1 ‣ quiet

"Hello, Miss!" The older gentleman with the kind eyes and the sign that says your name in bold navy marker calls out as you approach him with your two heavy suitcases. Your surname leaves his lips so politely next to the honorific. "I hope your flight went well, are you well rested, ma'am?" He asks as he lowers his sign and steps over to take your luggage for you. "If there's anything you need, please feel free to let me know."

"My flight went great, thank you so much." You smile. "And, well, I am just a little bit tired. It's the jet lag, I did jump as many time zones as I could." You chuckle softly, starting to walk with the chofer out of the small airport over to the fancy car that awaits you. "But I can fix that as soon as we get to the house." You add optimistically. "How is the house? Do you know, sir?"

"Oh, please. Call me by my name." The nice chofer waves your formalities off with a warm smile. "Park Jihyung. Jihyung is fine, though. 'Sir' makes me feel a little old. Besides, your father has always been a good man to me and my family. I consider him a friend, so his beloved daughter is more than welcome to drop the formalities. And yes, the house is very lovely! I think it will suit you just fine."

"How about Mr. Jihyung, then?" You return his closed smile. He nods in agreement and you exhale a short airy chuckle as your smile widens. "Okay, well, it's very nice to meet you Mr. Jihyung." You add while the two of you approach the tall glass doors of the private airport. "I'm really excited to see the house now. You seem very trustworthy, so I trust your judgement."

You step up to hold the door open since your hands are free and he's the one lugging around your luggage. "Oh—why, thank you!" Mr. Jihyung looks up at you in surprise. He finds you quite curious. He's picked up a lot of people with your 'status' from airports and other such places, but no one's ever held the door. A small gesture, sure, but one that left an impression no doubt.

He gives you another smile and again, you return it happily. You step out after him, out into the crisp breeze of a new town with new people and new opportunities. It smells like freedom—the air feels more comfortable in your lungs. You close your eyes for a few moments as you walk, letting the soft wind blow your hair back. It's so quiet here.

Once you get to the vehicle that's going to take you to the small village you picked out to live in for the next year, you help Mr. Jihyung situate your belongings in the back and get into one of the middle seats while he gets in the front and starts to drive off.

As you leave the private property, you look around at the simple ambiance and let your lips curl up in a satisfied smile. This place is beautiful. Still, simple, green and golden. The wheat fields fly by as the car drives passed them. A golden sea, beautiful and grand in its own league. Sure, you've been to a fair share of other places, but the oceans are crystalline and blue-hued with their paired sky scrapers.

Today, 9:37 PM

jungkook
Hey!

jungkook
How was your flight?? Everything
okay?

9:41 PM

you
yeah, i'm actually omw to the
house now!

jungkook
Okay good. Take good care of
yourself, you hear me?

you
i will~

you
don't worry too much about me.
take care of yourself too 🥸

jungkook
Yeah, yeah. Whatever 🤥