Chapter 22 - Movie Night

Scarlett

A week has gone by since my birthday and everyday since then I have worn my new necklace to school. I've gotten so many compliments from other students and it made me feel happy because I wasn't the only one who found the jewelry so enchanting. For some odd reason the necklace made me feel...beautiful and powerful – as if the pendant was channeling energy from nature.

"So, are we still on for tonight?" I asked Cassidy as we walked down the school corridor on our way to sixth period. We didn't have the same sixth period but she always likes walking me because Jackson's in my class, which is art. Cassidy and Jackson were considered a "thing" apparently and everyone at school knew it. I'm starting to wonder when they're going to actually start dating, but Jackson acts like he's too cool for that.

And since Cassidy found out that Chase is gay, she's been trying to distance herself from him outside of school, which is sad considering the fact that they are in the same friend group. I just think she was really embarrassed that she was crushing on a guy who wasn't even interested in her gender...yikes.

"Of course we are still on for tonight," Cassidy replied. "You don't need to bring any snacks or drinks, I'll have everything. We are going to be watching 'Avengers: Endgame'."

I stopped walking. "Are you serious??!! I still haven't watched the movie yet!"

Cassidy halted. "It's been out for almost a year..."

"I know but I've never had time to watch a three hour movie. I'm so excited!!!"

She smiled. "Great! Be at my house at five, okay?"

I nodded. "Alright."

We continued to walk again in silence but I couldn't seem to get something off my mind. "Hey Cass?"

She looked over at me, initiating me to continue speaking.

"Since Jackson is going, does that mean James will be there too?"

Cassidy eyed me curiously. "I invited Ian. I didn't think he would appreciate James being there since he's a closer friend and he hasn't spent a lot of time with us lately."

I nodded slowly. "Ahh, I see."

"Why...do you want me to invite James? It's not too late to-''

"No!" I stopped her. "I was just wondering, that's all."

She didn't seem convinced. "Alright..." Her eyes darted into the art classroom and once Jackson noticed her, her eyes lit up and her cheeks became flushed.

He winked at her and waved and just by the looks of Cassidy, I could tell she was close to fainting. Damn, he really had a hold on her.

Nonetheless, she waved back and smiled. "Well, I'm going to go to my class. I'll see you tonigh-''

"Well, well, well. If it isn't dumb and dumber."

Our heads turned to the person who disrespected us.

Once I saw who it was, I rolled my eyes out of annoyance. "Juliet."

She flipped her dark brown hair to the side. "The one and only." She sighed. "So, how are my two least favorite girls in the world?"

I spoke up. "Cut the crap, Juliet. What do you want?"

Her fake smile was faker than Santa Claus. "Oh nothing, I don't want-'' she paused once her eyes landed on my necklace. "Woah." Even she was taken back by how beautiful it is.

Juliet started to reach for it to get a closer look, but Cassidy stood in my way.

"Don't lay a hand on her, Juuliet."