Separated

I was sitting inside my house with my two little cousins James and Ben. We were playing with their toy cars. "Yo Jay?" I hear Luke ask. I look up at him. "What is it?" I ask getting up walking to him. "Look outside, I think walkers are walking by." I nod and grab the curtain closing it."If we wait it out I think we should be fine,"  I state.

He nods in agreement, I go back to playing with Ben and James. Grayson comes out of his room and sits on our couch. "Morning big bro!" Luke and I said in unison. Gray laughed at us, "Morning you two!"  he says smiling. Luke and I smile back.

"So how are our little cousins doing?" Gray asks directing it to Ben and James. "I am playing with my toy cars with Jay and Ben!" James says happily. We all smile at that and I go and hug James.

~Ten Minutes Later~

We heard screams coming from outside, I look out the window. I saw members of our little camp getting eaten by walkers and a house got caught on fire. The fire was spreading fast, burning down everyone's crops and houses. It spread to our house, so I picked up James and Ben.

I carried them to a random car, while my older brothers ran to another car that was nearby. As I am putting James and Ben in the car, a walker comes by and tries to bite me.

Luckily I had my katana with me(yes a katana, aren't I a badass? Jk jk!) I chop off its head and get into the driver seat. "What about Uncle and Nana?" James asks. (Nana is a way of saying, grandma.)

"I don't know, James, we will see them again though I promise!" I say as I start the car and leave the camp. Luke and Gray following right behind us.

~Two Hours Of Driving~

We are all tired so we decide to stop for the night to get some sleep.

We stop near a bridge, in case of an emergency, and get some rest. I had a hard time sleeping so I went out of the car to get some "fresh air," yes I know it stinks.

As I was taking a short walk, to check the perimeter, I saw a strange lady wearing a grey hoodie and a black mask. I call out to her but she leaves almost instantly.

I ignore it and head back to the car.  I found some food on my way back so I took it.

~The Next Day~

I woke up early in the morning and prepared food for breakfast. As my older brothers decided to wake up, I was putting the finishing touches on our breakfast.

"Morning Jay." I hear Luke and Gray say. "Morning you two," I say putting our food on different plates.

I go to the car I had been driving and I woke up Ben and James. They really didn't want to wake up, so I said: "You don't want your share of the food to get eaten do you?"

Ben and James both got up immediately. They love their food. We head over to where our food is. I ate my food fast so I could check the perimeter. There is no need for my brothers, who are ten times stronger than me, to leave our little cousins.

As I was walking I saw the lady I saw last night. So I decided to call out to her again, "Hey grey lady!" I yell, only for her to run away.

~To Be Continued~

605 words.