Chapter 1: A Promise

"Next in line, the Black Sparrow against the Knights!"

It's been two weeks since we found this old Renault R35 inside an abandoned barn in the forest.

It wasn't in good shape at all at that time, it took us some time to restore it and made it work

It wasn't in good shape at all at that time, it took us some time to restore it and made it work. We named him, Black Sparrow, and we're up against a Cruiser 1 crewed by those bullies.

 We named him, Black Sparrow, and we're up against a Cruiser 1 crewed by those bullies

Y/N: "Ross, hard right!"

It was just perfect timing that made us dodge the shot. By the way, Ross was my best friend. He was with me when I was wandering around the forest and he is the one who helped me fix the tank. We crew the R35 by just the two of us, he as the driver, and me as the gunner.

Oh, since boys cannot participate in Sensha-dō, the actual, organized tank matches, we got into Tankathalon, an unauthorized tank match.

There are no rules, you can even hit the audience if you're careless. But perhaps there is one thing you must keep in mind, you can't join unless your tank is at least less than ten tons.

Ross: "They're too fast!"

Y/N: "Don't worry I got this. A fast tank means a thin armor."

Ross: "Every tank is paper-thin in Tankathalon."

Y/N: "Perhaps. But trust me, we got this."

Our tank raced through the forest, being chased by that Cruiser. I revolved the turret so that I can shoot while we run. And I pressed the trigger.

Kaboom!!!

The shell went flying but it didn't hit the enemy. Light tank battle sure is challenging, it comes from maneuvering and great skill to compute the shot before you even take it. The rough road won't just allow you to shoot effortlessly, plus the target kept veering.

The Cruiser returned fire, but it didn't also hit us. Then I fired after them, we exchanged fire but we can't just hit each other.

I looked around through the hatch to see where we are heading. Few more miles and we're about to reach the cliff.