Chapter 1

Life in Tildenville had pretty much been normal for everyone. The town waa known all around the world for its mysterious events. Tourists from different parts of the world come hoping to experience something but leave disappointed. We all already got used to the silly tourists roaming round the streets wearing cameras over their heads and matching costumes like twelve year olds during halloween. They were adults in goofy outfits during the month of February eagerly waiting for a halloween special.

Pathetic

People said the town chose who to change and the town could either make you or break you.

People living within the town didn't care because they are used to it. Tourists called it fate and karma but we call it NORMAL. Life was more mundane than supernatural for us.

I always saw myself as cursed, as a result of some unfortunate events that took place in my life. I constantly cussed mother nature for the terrible things that happened to me. I was a normal 19 year old but not like the ones who love to party all night long and get silly drunk just to feel like shit at the end with a terrible hangover the next day. I mean what's so fun about that??

I was more like those quiet teens who sat at the back of the class to draw less attention to themselves.

Tilden high was a school for kids who loved freedom. Teachers hardly came to class early, some came only twice a week. The exams were never conducted properly which was why students rarely failed

Wink wink

And bullies had invaded the school like wild fire in a desert. The only good thing I could guarantee about the school was the food served in cafeteria during lunch. They served pretty good food there...

I didn't have many friends in school, infact I had no friends. Well, until Jace came along of course.

Jace was one of the soccer playing hotties in school, in one word...JOCK.

Unlike the other popular kids at school, he was carefree, nice and well....humble to an extent. He was my friend. In fact my only friend, which automatically made him my best friend.
We've been friends for 11 years.

We met a few weeks after mum passed away.

"Hey" Jace’s eight year old self asked with a childish smile on his face.

I glanced to my right and saw an eight year old boy smiling down at me.  We were seated in the cafeteria having lunch and I wasn’t in the mood to talk with anyone so I ignored him.

"Umm... Hello, I'm jace" he said keeping the smile on his face and waving a hand to get my attention.

"Hmm... Me?"  I inquired pointing my index finger at myself . "What do you want?"

Jace gave me a confused look "Well, how are you?" He asked, taking a sit across.

"How do you think I am, I'm terrible" I said rolling my eyes. "Why do you care?"

"Oh" he muttered. "I was only trying to be nice" he shyly looked at his legs.

I hesitantly looked at the sad boy. Feeling guilty I spoke up “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you sad"

"It's okay" he said with the smile resurfacing on his face.

“My daddy died when I was five” he muttered.
“Ma said it was an accident. I miss him everyday” I saw a lone tear fall.

There was a moment of silence.

"Want to be friends? " he asked with a hopeful shimmer in his eyes, which made me smile
"yeah sure"
And that was how it all started and till now our friendship is as a tight-knit.