Echinacea

".... Hmmm...."

"Wait... I guess..."

"No, maybe..."

....

"I get it now... I got unconscious last night after swimming with no-direction-nor-end"

"And looks like that Ceresian woman was helping me and treated my wounds."

Alvaros regained his mind and focus. He's talking to himself.

"Fortunately, my hair changed color already. Looks like that old hag is being honest this time."

Then he gets up from his bed, put his clothes on and try to go out from the room, but...

"Wh...What? I can't open this door"

He seems confused and a bit panic, but trying to stay calm.

Then he tries to pull the knob.

And it opens...

......

"I forgot this is supposed to be pulled..."

He looks at the next room. Seems like it's a dining room. The house is pretty small.

Then Alvaros go to the next door, this time he directly pulls the door.

Something is shining...

"W.... Whaa...???"

Outside is a forest, with no neighbor nor villagers.

"W..What...The..."

Then a voice is calling him, "Heyy... Over Here!"

Alvaros looks to the woman who saved him, there's a bump on her head.

"Errr... Umm... Hello. You said this is a village, right? So where are the houses, villagers, etc?"

Alvaros asks her.

"The village is over there, it's not far. Let's go then."

Alvaros nods.

"Umm... By the way, what's your name?" Asked Alvaros.

"Call me Rashuna." Said her.

"Uh, okay. Ummm..."

"Is your head okay?" Asked Alvaros.

With sour face, Rashuna smiles to him.

Then, they arrived at the village.

The village seems really quiet. There's literally no one outside, even the kids are not playing around. Alvaros feels something wrong happened in the village but he keeps silent and just looking at his surroundings.

"We arrived."

*Knock knock knock

"Excuse me, chief. It's me, Rashuna, can I come in?"

No answer...

*Knock knock knock again

"Chief! It's me, Rashuna. Can I come in?" Rashuna loudens her voice.

The door is opened. Someone is opening it.

"Ah... It's really you, come in."

Inside, they sit at the dining room.

"So, what is it? Have you plan something?" Asked the chief.

"Here we are, chief. I got a plan." Rashuna answered.

"What is it?" The chief asked again.

"Ahem... Alright. As you can see, here is Aranel, a strong man that will help me to defeat the monster."

Rashuna starts to speak.

"What the... Help? Defeat what? Wait..." Thought Alvaros.

"So, with his help, I am sure we will be very success, I can guarantee it." Rashuna continues.

BRAKK!!

Sound of the table being hit by Alvaros.

"Wait.... What... The... HELL IS THIS? Me? Help? Monster? Hey, what I know is YOU asked me to go with you to the chief. I didn't know anything, I just woke up before we come here! At least, tell me what's going on here, I look outside but there's nobody in this village!"

Alvaros angrily asked Rashuna what is going on.

"Sigh... Really, you are so troublesome." Rashuna's expression changes.

"Alright, I will explain it to you." Said the chief.

Alvaros nods, he looks at Rashuna with pissed look.

"4 days ago, a monster attacked the village. The monster was very fast and strong. It attacked the living stocks and people. Because of the war, all strong and healthy men from this village was drafted into military. What remained here were only women, kids, sick and elder people. We can't do much to repel the monster. As result, 2 of our villagers were killed and some of them were wounded."

The village chief tells Alvaros the situation.

"Then, I was sent here." Rashuna continues.

"Alright, you were sent here, so you must be can solve this problem alone right? Why don't you do it alone? You know, I am in a hurry now." Said Alvaros.

"I did. Yesterday, the monster attacked again. Its movement is very fast and vicious. My skills can't wound it. My magic was not quick enough. That's why I need your help. I need someone to distract it. When I see you, I know you can do this, that's why I'm asking you. Don't be so heartless! Help us, this is not a big deal, right? Consider it as a thankful sign to this village and me who already treated you! Do you have no pride? Really, for a man who has that muscular body..."

Said Rashuna to Alvaros.

"Why am I who got scolded now?" Thought Alvaros.

"ALRIGHT, STOP. I will do as you said." Said Alvaros to stop Rashuna from insulting him.

"Attaboy!" Said Rashuna,

"Besides, I have a plan too." Said Alvaros.