|| Serendipity ||

~

|| Serendipity ||

~Sometimes, people find love in the most unexpected ways~

LONDON HURRIED along the picturesque Venice. Her honey-colored eyes reflected the sun shining onto the canals alongside the streets.  How could I be late?  How could I be late! If I miss this interview, my job will be on the line! How in the world could I be late? Rushing along the canal, London tripped, teetering on the edge of the canal.

Before she could fall into the grimy, canal water, a hand wrapped around her arm, pulling her back onto the sidewalk. "Thanks," she mumbled, looking up at the man.

"It seemed like you didn't need a bath, most definitely not in a disgusting canal," the man said, a twinkle in his blue-gray eyes. He grinned.

London blushed. "Yeah, thanks again."

"No problem," the man said. Pulling out his phone, the man's eyes widened. Running a hand through his raven-black hair, he exclaimed, "Shoot! I'm running late!" before dashing away.

"Goodbye to you too," London muttered, watching the man's retreating figure. Suddenly, remembering her interview, London ran for it, hoping that her tardiness wouldn't give her interviewee the wrong impression.

Upon reaching the building, London patted down her golden-blonde hair, and smoothed the wrinkles out of her blue dress before entering the building.

Entering the building, the receptionist beckoned London to follow her, leading her to the conference room. "Your interviewee is already in the studio," the receptionist informed, leaving London alone, in front of the white doors.

London took a few deep breaths. In. Out. In. Out.

She entered the room.

"Why, hello," the interviewee said, his face buried in his phone, typing away.

London took a seat across from her interviewee, awkwardly waiting for the man to look up. "I'm sorry for being late," London said, feeling guilty for making the man waiting too long.

"It's... " The man looked up from his phone, putting it away, and London found herself staring into the familiar blue-gray eyes of the man who saved her from a swim in the canal. "fine," the man finished, clearly recognizing London, "Well then," the man said, recovering, "I'm Paris."

"London," she replied, still processing the fact that her interviewee saw her trip and (nearly) fall into a canal.

"London & Paris," the man, Paris, said with a thoughtful expression on his face. "Seems like we were fated to meet."

London awkwardly smiled. "Shall we start?" she asked.

"Straight to the point aren't you?" Paris asked. "Well, if you're so eager to start, might as well skip the whole getting to know me part"

"I didn't mean it that way!" London defended. "I merely was asking if we were going to start, seeing as I was 15 minutes late. We've already lost a lot of valuable time."

"You know," Paris said, a cheeky grin on his face, "If you wanted to spend some time with me, all you had to do was ask. If you're really that desperate, why don't we go out for lunch after this interview- once i get the job of course.."

"Who says you'll get the job? There are plenty of other candidates that could beat you." London said cheekily.

"If you say so," Paris said, with a shrug. "But remember, your free lunch is hanging on the line."

"Right," London muttered. "Not like this interview is important."

"That too." Paris said with a smile. "Shall we get started?"

~