Chapter 1 (Great title ass-tard)

Charlotte woke to the sound of loud Latin music and a slight sound of some talk show coming from the living room. That's how her day started. Everyday. Groaning she eventually got herself up and out of bed. Looking to the left she saw her crappy phone sitting on the nightstand. Grabbing it she checked the time. It read "7:23". Usually by now she would be in her English class ,but thank the Lord, Mary, and Joseph it was the beginning of summer vacation. For most kids that meant going to a beachy getaway and slipping out late at night to meet with their boyfriend or girlfriend for drinking. For her it meant more hard work. You see ever since four years ago she has been stepping up to help pay bills and get other essentials for the family due to her father being incarcerated for illegal drugs and apparently attempted murder. Although all those things were very wrong she still dearly loved him and visited him once every two weeks. Her mother on the other hand was infuriated with him doing such bad things knowing they had a family to take care of. Now, seventeen and getting ready to conquer her last year of high school she had to save money for her college fund while still managing to balance another fund to keep her family in their small East Los Angeles home. Living near the beach was costly even though their home wasn't very big. Charlotte rubbed her eyes and walked to the door ,while turning back and seeing her three-year old brother and sister snoozing away in there shared bed. They were what encouraged her to keep getting up and working two jobs at the moment. She could do it.

As she opened the door the strong smell of breakfast hit her face.

"Huele bien mamá!" (it smells good mama)

"Siempre lo hace cuando estoy en la cocina" (it always does when im in the kitchen)

Charlotte walks over and lays a hand on her mother's shoulder.

"So are you ready for work today?!" Her mother asks sarcastically.

"Yeah that's just how every teenage girl wants to spend her summer vacation. Totally not having a summer romance or partying on the beach!" Charlotte replies.

"Listen, I'm sorry this is not how you pictured your life to be ,but some people's choices led us to this" She said the part angrily.

Charlotte knew exactly who she was talking about.

"Mom, you can't you can't be mad at him for life. Eventually you're gonna have to realize you love him and have a family with him."

"No, he did the things he did and that made me realize that he was not the right guy for me. The only amazing thing that came out of that relationship was three beautiful children." She said while near the end laying a hand upon Charlotte's chin.

"Awww! Don't get all sappy on me, Mother!" She said playfully.

Her mother rolled her eyes.

"Go get ready! When you come back eat breakfast and we will head off to work and drop the little ones off at daycare."

Charlotte hustled across the room to the bathroom the children shared. She brushed her teeth, combed her hair, and applied some make-up to her eyes. It was pointless to put foundation since her skin was already sun kissed and only a few little marks. Charlotte knew she had beauty and had even considered modeling because it payed slightly more money then she earned now ,but said no because her body wasn't probably what they were looking for. Also she didn't want to become conceited. Besides, who wants to hire a poor girl anyways.

She ran downstairs and ate breakfast. She now had to brush her teeth again. Orange juice and toothpaste definitely don't mix well. She cringed in grotesque. Soon after she shook her two sleeping siblings up. Seeing how they didn't have much of a clothes selection she dressed them and threw there backpacks on their backs.

"Are you ready?" Her mother asked.

Charlotte still always wondered how she manged to get up, make breakfast, get ready, and come down on time ,while still looking flawless. Then again, mothers were like super women and could do anything leaving you comfused. That's why Charlotte vowed that if she ever did do anything productive she would pay back her ,other for all the hardships she's been through. She was her idol.

"Ready as I'll ever be!" Charlotte retorted.

They all hopped in the SUV. Not a nice SUV just a used one. It gets them were they need to got though and that's all that matters. Charlotte stared out at the beach goers on the white sand beach. Couples walking hand-in-hand. It got her thinking would she ever find that special someone who wouldn't hurt her, abandon her, and even be willing to fight for her. Would she ever find someone to hold doors for her, kiss her tears away, and tell her she is beautiful every day? She brushed those silly thoughts aways and told herself "She's done it alone by now and she can do it alone longer". But was she happy with that saying?

[A/N]
I'M BACK! So please let me know to update and keep this going or to throw in the towel.  Rate, comment, all that. Tell me your constructive criticism not "You Suck balls lololol".
BTW I can't not self advertise

FOLLOW ME IN TWITTER: @mKay_Ashton13

PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON TUMBLR CAUSE I ONLY HAVE 5 FOLLOWERS
HOW EMBARRASSING: 5sos-forever-ever

FOLLOW ME HERE CAUSE DUH!

Love you all and stay sexy and keep reading and I love yoooouuu!!!!!