Bound To You (I)

"Get up you good for nothing creatures! You are wasting precious time here!" The man in an iron clad armour bellowed for the umpteenth time. His long sturdy weapon clashing in the ground in an infuriated fervour attempting to catch our undivided attention. A handful of elven people were still clinging to their families as the others were being pulled and dragged away in carriages.

Everything happened so quick, the siege took all of us off guard. The next thing we know all of us were taken outside of our humble abodes with brute force. The humans threatened us to kill anyone who will fight back and defy their orders. Of course some of the warrior men in our village tried to gain the upper hand but they were immediately made as an example of why the humans should not be defied. Cries and wails resonated everywhere as the result of fear and knowing the impending doom.

The remaining elves were then put in a single line, some were pushed while some just simply complied . I could feel myself tremble in fear as tears trickled down my face. The only thing calming my terrified state was the gentle grip of my mother's hand on mine. My heart started to thump thunderously as one by one, my fellow elves were shackled and bound by iron chains. The tears started to flood my face as I hear all their painful cries; others begged to be freed as the iron chains seared their skins. The grip of my mother's hand became tighter as an armoured man neared us.

"Now what do we have here?" The armoured man said as he ran a finger through the locks of my hair. The gesture brought a terrifying shiver throughout my body. His smile broaden as his eyes darken with intent and his gaze started to bore holes into my body. I wanted to fight back, get rid off his malicious smile, but I knew what would be the consequence if I ever did.

"A pretty face like yours shouldn't cry, huh?" The armoured man said as he wiped my tears with his bloodied hand. I could feel myself tremble all the while not making an eye contact to the man. A sudden grip on my face surprised me as my fear stricken lavender eyes met his cold blue ones. "A beautiful creature like you would cost me more than gold, if I market you just right." He said closely to my face.

I tried to break off his tight grip on me but the more I struggle, the more his grip tightened. My mother was trembling even further, I could see from the side, her face flowing with waterfalls of tears. "But, like I said, you are a beautiful creature," he said while closed the distance between us and started sniffing the sides of my neck. "I'd rather keep you for myself. The Eastern Kingdom wouldn't mind if one elf didn't end up as their prisoners. I'll just make you my fucking slave instead." He coldly whispered in my ears.

Hearing those words left a bad taste in my mouth. Slave. Is that what they think of us? Just some lowly creatures fit to serve and heed their any needs? Have humans forgotten who ruled these lands before? We have been here for centuries and I will not allow for man's greed ruin what my family, my ancestors, built. With all the strength I have left, I shrugged off the man's grip on me and gave a swift hit on his face using my head. I felt his blood trickled down on my forehead as he was left on the ground, stunned on my sudden outburst.

"I will not be a slave to humans." I said as I broke off the chains on my hands and feet allowing my mother to break away as well. I gave her a tight hug. I have never felt this kind of rush but our celebration was cut when I pulled away from my mother. It was the man again, his face now red with rage.

The cold and hard blade of his sword is now pushed against my neck. I felt his tight grip on my hair as he started to laugh. I could hear my mother screaming but she as well have been held down by other men. "I have been nothing but nice to you, you little bitch. But I do like a creature who fights backs, it gives me a--".

Before the armoured man could finish his words, his sharp sword dropped and his grip loosened on my hair. An arrow was impaled through his throat. I saw how his face contorted in pain and terror as he slowly hit the ground. I stood there shock. All I could hear now was the loud sounds of swords clashing, horses galloping, and the cries of men being slain. I was broken off my stupor when a man pulled me aside.