4

carl decided to spend the day with henry since he didn't have anything else to do. carl had brung some comics with him so he let henry read a few. "do you think we'll win?" henry asked. "of course we will. a few people might get hurt but we'll win." carl said with a smile.

carl promised himself he wouldn't let anything happen to henry. he was still a kid and his bother had been killed by one of negan's men. he didn't deserve any extra pain.

king ezekiel came up to them and pulled carl aside. "you may go to alexandria today but you must come back tomorrow. and don't let anybody see you from the outside." king ezekiel said before walking away. carl went back over to henry. "i gotta go but i'll be back tomorrow alright?" carl told him. "okay..can i borrow some more comics until you come back?"

carl nodded and brung henry to his room. "hey sherry i'm going to alexandria so henry's gonna borrow some comics. could you show him where they are while i pack?" he asked the woman. sherry nodded and took henry to the comics. once carl was ready he hugged them goodbye and snuck out.

unfortunately carl ran into dwight while he was trying to get to alexandria through the woods. "if you try to take her back i'll kill you." carl said coldly and rested his hand on his gun. "i don't want to take her back. i just need to know she's safe and where she is." dwight told him. "if i tell you where she is you have to help me. and if you snitch i'll tell sherry." carl said before telling dwight and explaining to him what he'd be doing.

the two of them finally made it to alexandria. when rosita opened the gates she jumped on carl and wrapped her arms around him. carl got up with rosita still in his arms. "rosita i missed you a lot but right now we really need to find my dad." he said with a smile. she pulled away and gasped when she saw dwight. she was about to get her knife out but carl stood in between them.

carl didn't say anything but rosita knew not to do anything yet. she closed the gates and lead them to rick. rick called in daryl, michonne, tara, glenn and arron . they all sat around a table and carl explained everything to them. "so dwight is our inside man now? even though he took you from us!?" glenn asked.

"he's our inside man and that's that! if none of you like it that's fine. i'll just make him give information to the kingdom or hilltop first instead and then you'll have to wait on them for it." carl said in a slight harsh tone. "i don't get why you want us to trust him though. what if he turns on us?" daryl questioned.

"i threatened the idiot. if he snitches on us he'll be risking sherry's life and she'll kill him. all i have to do is tell her and she'll end him." carl explained to them. "why would she listen to you?" arron asked. "because she helped me escape. she took care of me and made negan give me some special treatment. she'd do anything to keep me safe alright?" carl said harshly.

"how can you be so sure carl!?" rick asked and slightly shouted. "BECAUSE I'M LIKE A SON TO HER! SHE TOLD ME SHE WOULD DO IT OKAY!?" carl shouted at him. rick backed down and apologised. after that people started to leave and dwight went back to the sanctuary. glenn and carl went to his room.

"is it true? are you actually like a son to her or are you just trying to protect her?" glenn questioned. "it's true. she never got the chance to have kids and she said she wanted to help me the day i walked in. she knows how it feels to be in that place and she didn't want a kid to go through it." carl explained.

"did he ever hurt you?" glenn asked and stepped closer to carl. carl nodded weakly. "he hit me a few times because i wouldn't listen or eat. a few of his men hit me but i didn't tell anybody except for her." he said before showing glenn the bruises and a scar.

glenn gasped at the scar. "they cut you carl! why didn't you tell anybody!?" glenn slightly shouted at him. carl just wrapped his arms around glenn and kissed his head softly. "i'm fine now. we're fine now." he whispered.

that night carl went to have dinner with rosita instead of his family. apparently she hadn't been doing okay since carl was taken and had to hide in the kingdom. "people are saying you haven't been eating much and pushing everyone out. is that true?" he asked.

rosita nodded slowly. "i've been worried about you. i already lost abe i cant go through it again. i know i still have everyone else but i'm only close with you and tara." she said lowly. "rosita i'm not going to die. i'm perfectly fine and safe but you need to let people in. let glenn in and eugene. visit hilltop and speak to sasha or maggie." he told her. she nodded.

they talked for a little while before he headed home and walked into his room. he ended up falling asleep with glenn in his arms and his hat on the floor. rick noticed the door slightly open and looked in to see them. he smiled before slowly closing the door and heading to his own bed with michonne.