Chapter 1

"Everyone ready to leave?" I hear my mom asking as she fixes her already fixed hair once again trying to look more relaxed but deep inside I know she is nervous. Nervous for me, for my future, for my decision.

"Let's get going otherwise we'll be late." My dad says and we all move forward to our car. Suddenly Cabir screams that he wants to drive, stopping us all and I roll my eyes at him.

"There is no way I'm letting you drive my car. I don't know how many times I have to say it."
"Manik please. I'm not 18 anymore. I have been driving for a long time now. Let me drive."

I glare at him and move to the driver's seat. I watch him staring at me for a few seconds before sighing and getting in the passenger seat. My parents settled in the back.

I'm not a easy passenger and I'm fully aware of that. I don't like being driven by anyone, except for John, of course. Besides I like driving.

Before I could start driving, I see John coming towards me. John is my bodyguard and my most trusted employee and the head of my security team. He's been with me from the moment I decided to start my company. He's an ex-military man who is excellent at his job. John is a tough man who won't budge even with a bullet.

"Mr. Malhotra, would you like me to take extra security with me?"
"No that won't be necessary. Just take Vikas with you."
Vikas is my second bodyguard. He was also in the military. He's a little younger than John.
"As you wish Mr. Malhotra."

I nod my head at him and he goes in the SUV behind my car. Vikas follows him shortly and we leave towards the house of those people that are making my mother so anxious.

We are meeting my mother's childhood best friend's daughter. My parents want me to get married because I'm getting too old according to them and in order to take my mind off work, marriage is the best solution. I roll my eyes when I think about that. Typical Indian parents.

I don't have a problem with arranged marriage since I've seen my parent's successful marriage which also was arranged and besides I don't really have a girlfriend or any girl that I'm interested in so why not give this a chance.

The car journey is short and silent. Cabir was engrossed in his phone and my dad was reading his patient's file and my mother was busy looking out of the window. Someone else would say she is calmly looking outside but I know better. She is nervous. She really wants me to like the girl. I sigh and shake my head at her. She really should stop worrying. I trust her enough to marry that girl without even meeting her and I told her that too but she doesn't seem to understand.

As I enter the Murty mansion, I can't help but wonder if my life would completely change in a few minutes. I don't know if it would be for the better or worse.

I stop my car and John and Vikas run quickly to open the door for my parents. We all stand together in front of the Murtys' entrance and I see Mr. and Mrs. Murty approaching the door to greet us.

I met Mr. Murty at a business party. He is a kind man who knows what he is doing. An excellent businessman and he passed down his skills to his son whom I also have met. We are around the same age. I wonder if his daughter is good at business like him. I heard she is an intern at their company as she recently graduated.

Murtys greet my parents warmly and Mr. Murty turns to me. I offer Mr. Murty my hand. "Mr. Murty, good to see you again."

"Manik, my boy, why so formal? You can call me uncle, we are not at work." He chuckles and shakes hand.

I nod and turn to greet Mrs. Murty who insists I call her aunty as she stops me from bending to touch her feet for blessings and takes me in a hug surprising me with her motherly affection. She pulls away and keeping a hand on my cheek, she smiles warmly at me. I smile at her, instantly relaxed and turn my attention to Abhimanyu who shakes my hand and nods at me while I nod back at him and we all move inside. I sit beside Cabir on the couch and my parents sit on the other couch right beside me while the Murtys sit in front of us. John and Vikas are standing near the entrance, looking around like a hawk.