Alone (Sophie's POV)

Tam's eyes widen in surprise as he takes in the information. Will he hate me for this? Have I just lost my only friend? Can I even call him that?

"I... When- Who-... What happened?" Tam quietly asks.

"I was trying to throw a throwing star at the dummy, b-but I m-missed." A tear rolls down my cheek as I let out a small sob. "I know it's all my fa-"

Tam stops me mid-sentence with a hug, letting me cry into his shoulder. I wrap my arms around him, and it seems as if the rest of the world has just disappeared. And it's just us, only us, in this whole confusing world. Suddenly, there's a blinding pain in my forehead, causing me to yelp and hold my head in my hands. I smell smoky ash and thick, sweet smoke. I hear a voice with a crisp accent comforting me, telling me it's going to be okay. I faintly see a boy with dark hair hugging me, his teal eyes sparkling as he looks at me and tells me it's going to be okay. Then, everything goes dark.

I faintly hear a voice calling my name, begging me to wake up. I open my eyes and find a pair of piercing ice blue ones. I smile as I recognize them as Tam's. Even though we just met (sort of), he has been really kind to me.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Tam questions, worry laced into his eyes.

"I think I remembered something..." I respond, pressing the palm of my hand against my throbbing forehead.

"Wait, really?" Tam asks, sounding really surprised and excited. "What do you remember?"

"Someone was comforting me, just like you were now. I think it might have come back to me because something similar to it just happened!"

"That makes sense..." Tam nods along, deep in thought. "So we have to do things that we did before in order to remember?"

"Yeah, I think so." I say, hope bubbling up inside me. "Let's go ask Lady Gisela! She might have some ideas." Tam suddenly looks a bit uncomfortable.

"Yeah, about that. I don't think we should tell anyone about your memory coming back. I still don't know whether or not I can trust them."

"Do you trust me?" I ask, tilting my head slightly.

Tam looks startled by the question, and replies, "Yeah, I think so. I mean, I did just meet you, but I feel as if I can trust you." I smile and start to stand up.

"Well, if you think we should wait before we tell anyone, then I'm fine with it."

"And Sophie?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sure the person will be ok. No one's going to blame you for an accident."

"But Gethen did!" I argue, my eyes starting to tear up again. "And he's right. I'm a horrible person."

"No you're not!" Tam puts his hands on my shoulders and locks his eyes with mine. "Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you're horrible. Forget whatever Gethen said. You're amazing, Sophie. You've been so kind to everyone today. I know this might not mean much since we lost our memories, but I know that you're an amazing person." Tam takes my hand and pulls me out of the room and down the hall. I lean against his shoulder for support, still sniffling the whole way. This situation is really confusing, but at least I'm not alone in this. 

At least I have Tam.

I'm sorry that this chapter is so short, and that I took two weeks to upload, but I had a bit of a writer's block. I'll try to update more quickly! And do you guys want another chapter from the Lost Cities? If so, please comment! Thank you all for the view and votes!