Fighting back

Greta

Dante and I left the hotel to have lunch. We found a restaurant with a patio outside. The hostess sat us at a table on the patio, and we ordered food. Once the waitress wrote down our orders, we handed her back our menus.

"Why do you bow down to the wicked dick of the west?" Dante asked me.

"That's a strange question to ask me. I thought we came here to eat, then learn about each other?" I questioned, looking at Dante curiously.

"We are, but I'm curious to know why you let Chad steal your designs and pass them off as his own? Doesn't it make you angry that the douche can't create designs of his own?" Dante asked me.

"Who would believe me?" I asked sighing.

"Anyone would if you say something. Greta, when you stay silent, you allow someone to continue doing wrong. It's the same as if a person hurt another person. They refer to it as the bystander effect. Everyone saw the crime but refuses to acknowledge it," Dante reasoned.

"I guess I never thought of it that way," I replied as the waitress brought our meals to us. We ate and talked.

"How do you know this?" I questioned Dante. He piqued my curiosity.

"I came across it when I started my web company. People use the internet for many purposes, mostly shopping. Some use it for research, and I use it to make money. I created websites for people when they want to sell products online. You would be amazed at how many scams surface online," Dante explained.

"All I ever wanted was to create fun designs and see people wear my clothes. I used to dress up and create outfits as a kid. I don't think Hans appreciated the dresses I put him in when I was making clothes," I mentioned while eating.

Dante chuckled. I needed a model. Who better than my brother?

"What about making money?" Dante asked me.

"Money is nice, but I love the creativity of designing. I can make something that I enjoy, and people have the chance to wear it. I hoped with working that I could save enough money to open a boutique. It would provide fun, stylish clothes that are affordable. Have you ever been to a boutique? Most are expensive, and I find nothing I like," I answered.

"I like that concept. If you could apply it to me, then we'll be set," Dante remarked, smirking.

"You sure are confident in your way of thinking, aren't you?" I questioned.

"Have you met me?" Dante retorted.

I couldn't help but laugh as I shook my head. Dante was something else, but I found him unique. He had no issue with his bluntness but didn't make me feel uncomfortable. That was a bonus.

We finished our meal, then checked out of the town. I wanted to see what the stores were like, so I dragged Dante into them. If he wanted me to give him a chance, then he needed to see what interested me.

We walked into the store and checked out the clothing. I looked through the racks until I noticed a plain dress. I pulled and held it up. I knew this design because I created it. I checked the tag, and my eyes widened. The label said Design by Chad. What the fuck?

I walked towards the counter and tossed the dress onto it. The lady looked at me with confusion.

"Is there a problem?" The woman asked.

"Yes, this dress has the wrong name on it," I answered.

The woman picked up the dress and looked at the tag, then at me strangely.