Death On Arival

The village was beautiful that day , the local fishermen we're just about boasting  on their so called "Biggest catch of the year " me not knowing anything about those trivial yet honest pursuits left me thinking

"What we're they catching , why would they catch them ? "

And as sweet as I remembered my mother answered  Those people's job was to bring back food for our people to eat everyday and to barter the rest to make our village rich and lively ,and if they continue like this for years to come all of us will prosper along with the village .

But that wasn't the case ... The following evening ..

Every lively house that exists on our village and farms were caught on fire and I was still fast asleep while my mother was quietly humming me a tune " there will always be love in you and in me .."

I woke up to the smell of smoke and of heat while my mother was holding me in her arms tightly as if a protective chain was wrapped around me , scared I asked "mother why aren't we running ? " And for the first time in my life I saw her eyes were full of tears , with something that I couldn't understand she answered while shaking "Don't worry kelmer it's gonna be over soon I won't .. I won't let you be taken and I won't let you be alone "

"But Mother !! The house is on fire we need to get out and ask for help ..."
And before I could finish that sentence her eyes glared at me and I finally understood what she was feeling , it was fear .

And with hopeless intent I stayed in her arms , and told her "there's no need to be afraid , because I'll stay by her side in this hell until the end " and even if I don't fully understand the situation I just knew I would rather burn alive with my mother rather than live without .

As we both cried smiling waiting for the end ...

Arms suddenly broke through the windows and at last I thought help had come but as I look into my mothers eyes the fear just intensified

"M-mother ? "

She stood up and holding me back she drew a knife from her apron that I hadn't noticed and said " you won't take her !! " 

And then the men moved in shouting "there are live ones here "

Left me thinking ..live ones ? Are we being referred as humans ?

And I grabbed onto my mother ..

But you see a knife in a gun fight wasn't a fair fight , and before my eyes ... I was Grabbed forcefully and tied up like an animal , my mother's cold and lifeless body was thrown to the fire .

And here I thought that it was help , when infact this was hell .

One of the hooligans kept manhandling me and I gathered the strength to bite him in the arm , and I was beaten down into such a poor state that a man with nice clothes came in and said " Don't hurt her ! " and I was willing to be saved by anyone at the time and I had hoped
he'd be the one to save me that maybe even in the hellish situation I childishly thought that there was hope .

Are you alright little girl ?
The man asked .

And as he grabbed my face staring into he's eyes I began to realize he had a smile on , a smile of wickedness .. I wasn't talking to my savior I was talking to the demon himself , as I see the beheaded remains of my friends gathered in his arms like trophies .

Oh ! You remember them ?
That's great we can name them all tommorow at my mansion .
The man menacingly whispered in my ear

Or would you rather join them ?
A following question while he grins

I broke silent with tears unable to utter any words but one " w-w-why ?"

His eye's turned into a deep glare and said It is , what it is .

And I no longer fought as of any of these hooligans along with other young women were being abused I silently accepted that this right now

I'm at the lowest point of my life .

There is always love...

" Where ? "

In you and in me ...

" Where ? "

Heaven will always guide us ...
My mother always sprouted things like that , here I am realizing it was all just words . As heaven watches and conveniently let things like this happen , I broke as these blurred figures were touching me everywhere
And sprouting out words of my own ..

"There is no love , this is no love."