Akaashi Keiji | Angst & Fluff

Request:

Hiii~ can I request a angsty/fluffy one shot of Akaashi finding out that his S/O and Bokuto have been spending a lot of alone time together but it's because they were planning something for Akaashi?

I will gladly pull through with this request! I've been in the mood to write some angsty fluff yktfv 😉 - Admin 🦋

———————————————————————————
Untimely Heartbreak

Akaashi Keiji could've been the most ambitious individual you had ever met during your time attending university. He prides himself on being part of the national honors society and he holds his personal expectations high above any other.

The two of you were an unlikely pair, you were selflessly devoted to others, vivacious and utterly enthusiastic about life. Akaashi was driven by his academic success and he was often blunt with others. When the two of you started dating, you had given him insight to a more adventurous and buoyant lifestyle.

He prioritized his time with you over his studies and it proved to stressful for him as your relationship progressed. Of course he loved you, he adored you more than anything and he was striving to provide a stable future for the both of you.

He studied diligently to ensure he would be able to financially support not only himself, but your family in the future. You can recall all the countless nights you've woken up to a cold and empty bed just to find out that Akaashi had fallen asleep at his desk. Gently, you'd rub his back soothingly and quietly coax him back into bed with you.

As graduation neared, you dreamed of doing something meaningful for him. He was willing to provide you with a healthy and stable future and you believed he deserved to relish in his success. He'd always dreamed of becoming a well renounced journalist. He prides himself on his work and now, he'd finally been able to reach his dream after years of studying.

Akaashi deserved to celebrate his success with his friends and family, you wanted him to feel liberated from all the countless nights he spent buried within books. You were proud of all he'd had accomplished not only for himself, but for you.

You felt like you owed him for working so hard towards his success and you wanted to express your gratitude towards him for being such a loving and supportive boyfriend.

You had entrusted the help of his long time companion and best friend, Bokuto Koutarou. The two of you had been discreetly meeting each other in and outside of local coffee shops during the past two weeks. You both discussed the plans for Akaashi's graduation party and assigned each other tasks to complete.

"Bo," you called, looking up towards the owl headed boy in front of you. He held the coffee cup by its rim, raised the cup to his lips and sipped loudly. His eyebrows raised and he hummed in response.

"Do you really think this is a good idea? I mean, what if Keiji doesn't even want a party." You sighed and furrowed your brows together.

Bokuto set his coffee cup down and folded his arms over his chest tightly and cocked his head.

"He deserves it, you said it yourself earlier." Bokuto observed your body language and he knew that you were feeling doubtful about the situation at hand.

"Just think about it (y/n), he's been working towards his degree for years and I think this is something that's well deserved! Come on!"

You tapped your pen against your notebook and carefully scanned over the plans that were etched onto their pages.

'He's right." You thought. "Keiji's worked so hard and he deserves to let loose and have a night to celebrate.'

A smile creeped onto your lips and you giggled in agreement.