Chapter 2

Picture of Caroline to the side!

Tom drops me off right infront of the main building. I stand there staring at the white marbles of the posh building that practically belongs to my dad. It isn't the first time i come here, but it never fails to intimidate me each time i do. I mean literally every time i walk through those doors it's like a scene right out of 50 Shades of Grey, with all the sparkling walls, and marble tiles, and fancy dressed receptionists, i feel just like Anastastia. Except that in this case Mr.Grey would be my father....awkward. I shake my head at my crazy ass thoughts and smile to the receptionist Helen as i make my way over to the elevator. People great me all the way until i reach my dad's huge office door. I knock twice and enter to see him sitting there with piles of paperwork infront of him. He looks up and a huge grin breaks across his face as he stands up and greets me with a hug and kiss on the forehead.

"Hey there sweetheart, i though you wouldn't show up i got really worried".

"Oh yeah there was alot of traffic on the way, anyway i don't really have much time, is everything alright ? I mean it must be urgent since you called me in the middle of school".

"Oh yes yes, trust me it's worth it!", he walks over to his desk and grabs a pair of keys then unlocks one of his drawers and pulls out an envelope stuffed with several papers. He walks over to me and just as I'm about to snatch the envelope out of his hand he grins and pulls it away saying,

"Promise you won't start hyperventilating!".

I roll my eyes and he passes me the envelope. I litteraly tear into and read the several papers in it. My eyes widen as I take in the contents of the envelope! Tickets and reservations!! Holly guacamole!!

"That's right baby girl, your going to Paris!".

"Holy shit! I..I..meant holy shoot! Dad this is crazy! I mean like good crazy but like...dammmn! Your letting me go to Paris..alone!? OMG! Wait why are there two reservations?", I ramble without giving him a chance to speak. I'm sorry but this totally was not on my to-do list today.

"Um well you know how I always tend to get really overprotective about you and I thought it would be hard for me to let you go to Paris which is thousands of miles away from here all alone without any kind of company, so I decided to make a second reservation for your mom..."

My eyes nearly bulge out of their sockets, literally, as I frustratedly shout,"You what!".

You see me and my mom aren't really on the best terms for quite a while now. Though that's a story to be told another time.

My dad shakes his head lightly and says," I'm just messing with you kiddo, you always get so riled up when it comes to her don't you? The second reservations are for Caroline, I thought maybe you two can spend some quality time alone. Although I never seem to understand what's up between you and your mother, I'd love nothing more than to have her go with you, but ofcource I wouldn't want to force you into anything you don't want".

Trust me dad, nobody understands. Nobody.

"Exactly dad, you wouldn't understand". The atmosphere in the room seems to have suddenly changed, a little more tense. Even the mere mention of her name pumps up hatred in me. Well maybe I shouldn't really use the word 'hatred', because after all she is my mom and the women that gave birth to me which in my opinion proves to be a great act of bravery and strength. Trust me all those child birth documentaries I watched have made me gather great respect for mothers. Okay off topic here. I really need to focus on my concentration skills more often!

"Anyways I think you should get back to school as soon as possible and tell Caroline the news, I bet she'll go ballistic when she finds out!", I roll my eyes and he puts an arm around me.