Chapter Eight

Xavior pulled me into his office on my way to my room.

   "You, stopped time,  Daya" he sat at his desk,  eyes closed and hands folded in front of him. "and your about water. I assume you already know your rare"

   I thought back on Ivy and I talking a lil while ago... And nodded. 

   "I promised your mother I would do anything to protect you here. So, I think you would do good with proper training. You, had,  what your mother had"

   I sat down in the comfy chair in front of his desk.

   "what did my mother have?" I asked. 

   "everytime your mother was extremely upset, she was able to stop the clock and everyone around her" 

   I sighed.  "when it happened,  Ivy and Ethan and I were outside.... I found  something out about Ethan" I hesitated and swallowed the lump in my throat.  "The second my knees hit the ground,  everything stopped.  The ice,  the people,  the birds and the wind.... Only one person was able to move around and, it stopped after I was able to understand the situation "

   He stared at me. I thought he thought I was completely nuts.

   "You have a lot to learn and a lot to think about Daya. There's many things you don't know"

   "I'm dangerous Professor. My kind was wiped out for a reason, and suddenly I find out I'm not even support to exist" I snapped at him a little. 

   Ice shards growing up the walls from the floors. 

   "calm,  Daya. You can't  lose yourself when you get pissed"

   I sighed, as everything started to retract.

   "Professor,  I need help " I started.  "I don't wanna hurt anyone else"

   He just looked at me,  then nodded.  "come with me" he stood to his feet,  and I followed him out of his office,  and into the elevator,  where Xavior pressed the -3rd floor. 

                                  *

   I stared at the picture I had of her. 

   The one I took before my father burned their house down all those years ago. 

   During the metal wars,  my father was ruthless.  He didn't care. 

   He led that rebellion,  and took down everything in his path.

   She was so grown up now. 

   I never thought our paths would cross again after that one night.  And I have so many regrets. 

   Like when I got on that mother cycle with my dad and his group of warriors to burn that village. 

   There was something about her though. 

   I've read so many books on mutant benders. And there's not too many books,  but the books that have any info,  are packed full. 

   And there was one thing,  called the Benders Mate.

   Kinda like a werewolf mate. 

   One person designed perfectly for you. 

   The only person you see as perfect to you. 

   And maybe that was why I felt a pull to her. 

   Or maybe It was the world cursing me for what I did.