Chapter 1

L I S A

'She must be crazy'

I thought to myself as I keep running through the hallways, sweat dripping, heart racing fast due to exhaustion. I keep on squinting my eyes in hopes of finding that blue glass door with the letters 'O N E' on it way faster.

I took a quick glance at my watch just to groan out of frustration.

"Fuck, now I'm five minutes late!" I silently mumbled. I should have been on time if only my best friend wasn't too forgetful to forgot her project that has to be submitted today at her house.

'You offered to get her project from her house remember?'

Yes but-

'And she told you you don't have to do that because she didn't want you to be late, right?'

I know-

'But you insisted and you promised you wil be on time for your class.'

I rolled my eyes.

Shut up brain, you're not helping at all.

Okay fine, I offered to get her project at home, what's the deal with that? We're best friends, she has to submit that shit or else she will definitely be anxious for a week about her grades. Besides, it's not like it's the first time I got to be late. There are times worse than this.

For instance, when me and Jennie are not in good terms.

"Finally!" My lips curved into a smile as soon as I saw the blue glass door with their section's number painted on it.

She seems not to notice me yet as I can see her focusing on what 'baldy' says.

That man is strict as fuck, thankful enough he wasn't my teacher.

I pulled out my phone and immediately dialed her number, I watched how her eyes widen while the whole class seems to divert their attention to her, unfortunately, even baldy.

I can't hear the commotion inside since most classrooms here are soundproof and hers happens to be one. However, I spot her mouthing 'wait' to me before bowing herself apologetically to baldy. I can see the man's eyebrow raising up.

"Come on, baldy! Allow her!" I silently mumbled with frustration seeing the hands of the clock moving forward and never stops.

Finally, Jennie walks out of the classroom carrying a deadly glare. I quirk my brows up.

"What?"

"You are so dead, Lisa..."

I frown, "why's that?"

"You promised you wouldn't be late..." she softly muttered which slightly squeeze this thing inside my chest.

Oh, come on!

"And I am not?"

She lets out a humorless laugh which made me internally wish for my life. Remember fairytale witches? Man she's the living version of that.

"Oh you are not late, in fact you are actually thirty-five minutes early...

before your second subject."

She then glared at me again.

Oh shit shit I have to find a good excuse...

"A-Ah..."

Damn it!

"Cat got your tounge, Lisa?"

"A-Actually I received a text from Bobby earlier, he said horny's not around... r-right."

Fuckin' lame, Manoban!

"Oh yeah?" Glaring still, her voice mocking me.

"Yeah?" I asked, a bit unsure.

This is the power of Jennie's cat-like feline eyes over me. Her hard stares made me powerless over them. Like I can't utter a single lie or the queen would assasinate me. She even stared harder making me mentally gulp. Her eyes curiously connecting to mine. If this is not Jennie, I could just make an even better excuse.

However...

"Bad excuse. Better luck next time."

...she's Jennie and she knows me well.

With that, she took the project from my hand then turns her back to me without saying another word.

I just watch her walk away. Step by step, second by second, she drifted away...

"I-I'm sorry..." was all I could manage to say while looking down.

If there is one thing Jennie hates about me, it is when I sacrifice something for her. She never likes to feel indebted to others, not to her classmates, friends, not even to her family.

Seconds later, I felt a hand on my cheek, gently brushing it.

"I won't tell you to not feel bad about it, because obviously, breaking a promise is not so good."

I pout, she searched for my eyes until we connected it again. She grinned.

"But I also don't want you sulking in your seat the whole day because we didn't end our morning in good terms."

One thing I like about Jennie Kim is her diverse personality. I'm not saying she has kind of mental disorder or anything, nothing like that. It's just that Jennie can either be cute or hot, soft or savage, the moment she wants to.

And right now, I am finding her rather cute...

"We're good, Lisa... but we will certainly talk about it later."

...or not?

She glared before smiling as she kissed my right cheek.

"Go now, you stink!" She shooed me feigning disgust due to my sweats from this fuckin' running and all.

"No way Kim, I surely don't smell bad even if my body gave off the most sweats it can." I told her in an as a matter of act tone.

"Oh yes you do!" Laughing, she continued teasing me until a fake cough interrupted us.

I rolled my eyes. Baldy's a known moment wrecker.

"Go inside now, Kim." He strictly called.

"Just one more minute, sir."

Jennie and I tried to contain our laughter until he left. We both look at each other before errupting into a silent series of laughters.

"I bet you're going to be the apple of his eyes this morning..."

"Oh no..." she sarcastically remarked.

"I should go now, careful not to make him cry, huh?" I said, laughing my lungs out.

"As if." Playfully, she rolled her eyes.

"Okay, bye moodygirl." I let out my tounge in a mocking way.

"Yeah right, stubbornass."

"Get inside." I playfully shoved her.

"Yeah, bye."

I turn my back, laughing.

'Nice one, Manoban! Way to start your morning with horny's homily'

"Oh, and Lisa..."

I heard her say so I turn to face her mouthing a 'what?'

"... stop calling your pre-calculus professor, horny..."

She finally walks away giggling and laughing,

Wow the talent you have there, Jennie.

I shook my head before turning around to continue my way, chuckling.

Jennie and my heart,

what a weird combination