CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY FOURRUN AWAY"should i stay or should i go"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
RUN AWAY
"should i stay or should i go"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     "Every simulation has been run. Every system modification has been made. The hard and simple fact is that in 51 hours, life on the Ark will no longer be possible. I choose to find consolation in one remarkable truth. The surviving members of the 100 have proven themselves to be more resilient than we could've ever imagined. Our legacy will go on, and for that. . . I am not only grateful, but I am proud."

Jaha looked at the people in the room, a ghost of a sad smile lingering on his lips. It was final. There was no way for them to survive, or make it done to earth. They would never breathe the fresh air, never taste the sweet water, never feel the dirt underneath their feet, never feel the rain on their skin. It was sad, devastating even, but it was the way it was suppose to go. At least according to Jaha.

"So what do we tell our constituents to do now? What do we do now?" A woman asked, brows furrowed. Marcus Kane and Abby Griffin stood alongside Thelonious Jaha, wearing grim expressions.

"Look inside. Find your peace. In the meantime, I'm releasing all available resources to the surviving citizens of the Ark. There will be no more rationing. What we have belongs to all of us." Jaha turned around, dismissing the people of the room. He looked over at Abby, who wore a distressed facial expression. "Are you all right, Abby?"

"Yes. I have a patient. She was hurt in the bomb blast. I need to go." With that, she spun around, heading out of the room. In reality, the thought of never seeing her daughter again was slowly killing her. She only hoped Clarke would make it. She needed Clarke to make it.

Kane stepped up to Jaha, arms formally placed behind his back. "Sir, is it wise to waste rations when we don't know for sure?" Jaha scoffed slightly. It wasn't like Jaha didn't want to return to earth, even if his son wasn't there to greet him, but maybe that was just the reason he wasn't in such a rush. Kane was desperate to see Dylan again.

"But we do know for sure." Jaha retorted.

Kane folded his arms over his chest, frowning deeply at the chancellor. "Well, I can't just do nothing. I have to find a solution."

Jaha patted his shoulder, smiling sadly at him. "Hey, I know this is hard to accept, but if you'd like to spend your remaining time rerunning simulations, by all means, you can do that. I, however, will be spending my time with family and a bottle of 97-year-old scotch."

With that, Jaha exited the room to do just what he had said he would. Marcus stayed behind, desperate to find a solution. To see his daughter once again. He had to see her alive, hug her, talk to her. He just had to. And nothing would stand in his way.