Chapter 1: The Promise

Sans -a lazy short skeleton in a blue jacket and pink slippers- is a sentry. He never really focuses on his job though, he always falls asleep at his post or goes to Grillby's. When he has nothing to do he goes to a big door, and tells knock knock jokes to his friend living on the other side, he doesn't know who she is though, they never met face to face.

He arrived and sat down leaning on the big door.

"* hey, i'm back"

"Oh hello," said the kind voice from the other side, "how are you?"

"* ehh, same as always" Sans responded. "i've got some good jokes though...knock knock!"

"Who is there?"

"* cash."

"...cash who?"

"* no thanks, i'll have some peanuts"

"Ohhhh, hahaha..."

"*...how about another one?' said Sans 'knock knock!"

"Who is there?"

"* a broken pencil"

"A broken pencil who?"

"* never mind, it's pointless!"

"Hahaha."

Sans noticed she wasn't laughing as much as usual:

"* hey, umm, are you okay? what's up?"

"If a human ever comes through this door..." she said "will you please, please promise me something?"

"* ..."

"Watch over them, and protect them, will you not?"

Sans hated making promises. And this woman, he doesn't even know her name. But someone that sincerely likes bad jokes has an integrity you can't say « no » to:

"...yes, i...i promise..."

~

Later that evening, Sans came back home late, lost in his thoughts. why would a human go through that door? is she hiding something..? i hope i won't regret making this promise...

"SANS?"

"* wha-? oh, yeah bro?"

"I MADE DINNER!" said Papyrus.

Papyrus was a tall skeleton wearing a white chest plate with a symbol in the corner, a long red scarf, a pair of red gloves, large red boots and blue pants.

"* oh, thanks bro... but i'm not hungry..." Sans told his brother

"YOU'RE NOT HUNGRY?" said Papyrus, "SANS...YOU LOOK ANXIOUS, IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG?"

"* no! i'm fine bro, don't worry about me."

"ALRIGHT, CAN YOU READ ME A BEDTIME STORY?" asked Papyrus.

"* heh, okay bro."