}•38

◎⊙◎

Narvya with a cuffed hand, to prevent her from using magic, arrived. With a few mages behind her, she saw what might happen if Ruth would use the forbidden magic. It would cost her life. Ruth would end up the same fate her sister ended up with. Hindi niya papayagang may magbuwis pa ng buhay para sa isang katotohanang itinago nila. Maybe it’s already time. Oras na upang malaman ng lahat ang tunay na nangyari sa nakaraan.

     “I know Racchina’s parents!” she yelled so every one would know. The crowd gasped. Ruth objected. Narvya looked Racchina in the eye, and whispered, “I am Racchina’s mother.”

     Everyone on the ring put their defenses off. The crowd, even it was a whisper, heard the words completely with the use of their magics and powers. Racchina’s knees trembled. Her heart skipped a beat. She couldn’t grasp what she had heard. Narvya was her mother. How?

     And then, in a split of a second, a surge of nonfatal energy exploded from the ring, covered the whole Zodion. When it disappeared, the forbidden spell was already broken. And not a single soul in Zoidion didn’t know the story of how Racchina was born.

     Zyke had grabbed Racchina’s arms before she could fall. Even he couldn’t believe the visions he had seen in his mind. Racchina was an offspring of two divergent Signs. She’s a Rare Blood. Pure Blood Narvya, who was born a Cancer, had a twin sister who unfortunately had a Gemini Sign. He met her for the first time during the Grand Magic Games; met Ruth as well; and fell in love with an Aries.

     With their love, Racchina was born. The Council and Zoidion came to know the abomination. Narvya and her man headed to Gemini Region to see Drana, her twin sister. They were chased into the forest. Drana called Ruth. She must open a portal to the Rare World. Racchina’s father headed through the portal. But as Narvya was about to do it, Ruth had reached her energy limit. The portal was closed. The mages of the Council had arrived. Loki was there, ready to burn all of them alive. But Drana had made up her mind. She casted a forbidden spell she thought she had perfected. Drana, considered as the greatest mage of their time, died, removing all the memories of herself, Narvya and her man from Zoidion. From that time, Narvya allowed Ruth to take care of Racchina.

     “Racchina . . .” Zyke whispered her name, wanting her to come to her senses. And when he cupped her face, Zyke had seen the most beautiful eyes in his whole life. Racchina were no longer wearing a pair of brown eyes, rather two different colors he had never imagined. The right eye was red and the other one was green. It was the most peculiar thing he had seen.

     “Look at her eyes!” Loki yelled. “She has the color of her parents’ eyes!” He was in rage. “Sino ngayon ang hindi naniniwalang Rare Blood ang babaeng ‘yan!” The crowed was scared. Seeing a Zoidian with different eye colors was rare, new. Natatakot sila na baka magdala ito ng kamalasan. “Let’s burn Racchina to death!”

     Racchina was still dumbfounded. Hindi pa rin siya makapaniwalang ina niya si Narvya. Maybe that explained kung bakit magaan ang loob niya rito. She was happy of course, she wanted to hug her mother. Pero ramdam pa rin niya ang panginginig ng kaniyang mga tuhod at ang hapdi na gumagapang sa mga mata niya. Lahat ng nakikita niya sa bandang kaliwa’y nagkukulay berde at pula naman sa kanan. Loki must be right. nag-iba na nang tuluyan ang kulay ng kaniyang mga mata.

     “Sunugin siya nang buhay!”

     Racchina could hear the crowd. Nagkakagulo na ang mga ito. Ang iba’y isinisigaw na sunugin siya nang buhay, ngunit ipinaglalaban pa rin siya ng kaniyang rehiyon.

     “No!” Narvya yelled. “Ako na lang ang patayin niyo. Huwag na ang anak ko!” she cried, the mages had hindered her from Racchina.

     “You fooled us, Narvya . . .” Prora mumbled. Even she couldn’t believe what she had seen in her mind. She fooled the former Bearers―nope. Narvya fooled the whole Zoidion.

     Gerida talked, “You killed your sister! When it should be you instead!”

     “That’s why take me. Kill me instead.” Narvya’s plea wasn’t heard. In a snap of a hand, Racchina, Ruth, and Narvya were already alone inside the ring. A Leonian mages created a red magic circle on the ring. At sa isang utos lang ni Loki ay maaaring masunog sila nang buhay.

     “Racchina . . .” Narvya quickly hugged her daughter. “Pasensiya na. Kailangan ko’ng itago ang pagkatao mo para protektahan ka.” Narvya didn’t hear Racchina’s response, only its sobbing.

     Now, Loki was ready. Hindi na mag-iiba pa ang kaniyang desisyon. For once, he watched everyone. The noise stopped. Everything was in slow motion as if the time slowed. The former Bearers, the apprentices, as long as against him, were restricted with from using powers. He continued. He could see some Zoidians rebelling against his decision. Some who were on his side protected him. There were lots of powers and magics casted. The crowd was in chaos. But Loki didn’t mind. He was the leader of the Council―doing what was right was always right.

     He sighed softly, and with the sight of the three hugging each other inside the ring―maybe bidding goodbyes―he ready his hand. He was about to snap his fingers when the noises came back, time was no longer in slow motion.

     Now, a great power was sensed, words were heard, “Is this how you welcome your Creator?”

     Everyone stopped, searched for the owner of the heavenly voice.

* * *