𝟐. 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

A kiss on the cheek girl, was all it would take

was all it would take

Had me wrapped around your finger, never knew about a heartbreak
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

BOTH ANDY AND EMMA BEGAN TO WALK THROUGH THE OFFICES to meet with Lynn Canavan after receiving an urgent call the next morning.

“Have a seat, Andy, Emma.” She spoke as the pair made their way towards the desk and sat down however, not before Andy pulled Emma's chair from the desk for her, allowing her to sit first. 

“I thought that press conference went well enough.” He said, while Lynn folded her hands together, and leaned back.

Each click of Emma's polished nails on the table echoed the tumultuous thudding of her heart beat. Her face, rigid with tension, belied her youthfulness, she seemed to have aged a decade the past day.

“They want answers, Andy. So do the boys parents.” Lynn stated.

Andy situated himself into the chair more, furrowing his brows. “Yeah, so do we. You know as well as I-” However, the clicking sound of the door behind them opened and both Emma and Andy turned around.

“I asked Neal to join us.” Lynn spoke, the tall man without his jacket showing his suspenders, started walking in. 

Neal was never less than arrogant. If he could do half the things he thought he could maybe "confidence" would have been a better word. It wasn't though. After Emma had also declined his invitation to dinner within his first week of working at the office, he continued to have a cool exterior in front of both her and Andy.

“Andy, Emma.” He greeted however, Emma could only offer a small quirk of her lips. The anxiety sat below her smile and her actions as she watched.

Neal turned back to Lynn. “This isn’t an ambush. I think you handling this case is not the best idea. You’re friendly with the parents, your son goes to the same school... ”

Andy scoffed, “We barely know the parents. Yes, we’ve spoken to them but we haven’t really had connections. I barely knew the boy. Let me guess, Rasputin here offered to take over?” Neal smiled at that.

Lynn suddenly seemed defensive at Andys change of attitude. Her eyes briefly meeting those of Emma's before she turned back to Mr Barber. “Neal has legitimate concerns about the appearance of conflict. And frankly, so do I... ” She unfolded her hands across her lap with a stern look. “Appearances matter.”

Andy shook his head, as off falling from his lips. “Yeah, to voters.”

"Andy." Emma replied quietly, almost internally begging him to not do anything rash and held her breath behind pursed lips as she reached out and gently squeezed his knee.

“Sorry.” He muttered, ignoring the unrecognisable warmth that rushed through him at the action.

“It’s a question of objectivity,” Neal finally spoke, while both Emma and Andy glanced over.