010

Elizabeth’s eyes widened when she saw the figure behind the bloodthirsty Archer Wyvern.

Tan skin, long brown hair held in dreadlocks, a mustache and a beard that was separated into two threads and had beads braided within them, a red bandana on the top of his head, chocolate brown eyes, wearing a white loose tunic, brown trousers and matching brown boots.

He also had multiple rings on his fingers, and a few extra items braided within his hair. 

“Jack!” Elizabeth called. Captain Jack Sparrow gave Elizabeth a smirk as Archer turned around, looking up at Jack.

He let out a low growl, his teeth barring. “Hello, luv. Don’t you worry ’bout this. I can take care of it.” Jack said to Elizabeth, his thick British accent heavily hanging off his words.

Archer growled again, this time flaring his wings open as a way to try to scare off Jack, but it wasn’t working.

Elizabeth watched in tense awe as she witnessed the way Jack slowly talked to Archer, as if he’d been in this situation countless times before.

“You asked for me help, luv,” Jack said to him, extending his hand out. It approached Archer’s snout, causing him to growl. “So here it is.”

Jack continued to slowly move his hand closer and closer to Archer’s snout, only for Archer to lunge slightly forward, attempting to latch his jaws on Jack’s hand.

Jack recoiled, his eyes going wide. “Oh, so it’s goin’ t’ be like that, eh? You know I hate doin’ this, Arch.” Jack said, his voice lowering in sadness.

Archer simply snapped at Jack, then followed up with a clicking sound that came from his throat.

Jack sighed, taking out a small silver object, similar to the silver coin Elizabeth saw Archer fidgeting with in the forest.

Jack lowered the coin at Archer, making it obvious in his line of sight. Archer’s non-injured eye widened as he roared out and began to thrash around.

Jack backed up and so did Elizabeth as Archer began to claw at the ground, aggressively shaking his head.

His breaths turned into deep chuffs of air as his thrashing calmed down. He shook his head again, blinking rapidly as if he was removing water from his eyes.

He noticed Jack’s boots, and his eye followed up his figure until their eyes locked.

Once they did, Elizabeth noticed how the originally slit pupil of Archer’s non-injured eye had dilated, and now looked like a friendly cat’s eye.

His head cocked at Jack, and he let out a sound that sounded like a chuff.

“Aye, it’s me. You okay, luv?” Jack asked as he quickly shoved the coin, the Sparrow’s Silver, back in his tunic.

Archer sat down on the wooden floor of the Manor, his tail beginning to sway. Jack smiled, patting his snout which caused him to let out a chirp-like sound.

He then noticed his wounded eye, and how badly it had been bleeding from the bloody pools on the floor.

“What happened to you?” He asked, brushing over Archer’s eye with his hand. He winced back slightly, causing Jack to apologise.

Elizabeth smiled at their dynamic. They treated each other like family, even though they were in no way related.

In a way, Elizabeth thought, they sort of are related. They’re both pirates, they’ve both sailed on the Black Pearl together, they’ve escaped many encounters with the British Royal Navy, the Spanish Royal Navy, and the East India Trading Company... maybe there’s more to the two than meets the eye.