Prologue

*Disclaimer: There is a small bit of dirty humour in this book so yeah...just letting ya know :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Is that...no...OH GOD IT IS! Wait, why now, why today of all days?! I'm not ready at all!'

Adrien checked the people sitting around him to make sure he didn't just say all that out loud. Thankfully everyone was doing their own thing, oblivious to the world around them. He never felt so happy to be out of the spotlight.

She didn't even see him, he knew that. When he saw her though, his face immediatly felt like his coffee. Hot. (Not that he isn't hot already). He quickly ran his hand through his messy, blonde hair and fixed the way his jacket sat on his shoulders. He felt like a fool.

After a few more tugs at his jacket and a bit of fidgeting he felt a bit better with how he looked. Then he glanced over to the counter to see if he could spot her.

There she was, well the back of her anyway. Her hair was cut to shoulder-length and she looked curvier...in a good way. 'A really good way' Adrien didn't blame himself for looking...it was the straight healthy male in him, plus she is his ex-girlfriend.

'Ex-girlfriend' he despised that word, especially when it came to talking about Marinette. He never wanted to break up with her, she was the one to break up with him, but he knew she didn't want it either. It was just his over-bearing father pressuring them.

He remembered the day they broke up like it was yesterday. Every word she told him, every plea he told her to make her change her mind and every tear he cried throughout the following weeks.

All memories of them beinging together, good and bad, came flowing back as he looked at her. Eventually he snapped out of his trance when it was her turn to order.

He checked the time on his phone and made sure there were no messages from Nathalie or his father. Thankfully Sundays were his one of his lazier days. '12:34am, could have sworn it was later.'

He gave one last look towards the counter to see her before he left but she wasn't there. 'Damn it, she must have left...'. He gathered up his things and walked towards the door. He noticed someone on their way to the door out of the corner of his eye so he decided to open it for them.

What he didn't notice was that the person was looking down at their phone and not straight ahead of them so he accidently swung the door right into them.

Adrien would usually walk with his head down to avoid getting recognised too often, so he didn't even know who he was opening the door for...until he heard the bang and small yelp the person gave out. Then he realised he hit their face with the door.

"Shit..." Adrien mumbled under his breath before repeatedly apologising. "I-I am sooo s-sorry. God, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt y-you...Marinette?!"

The women looked up while cupping her nose with her free hand. "A-Adrien?!"

"L-long time no see...I guess." Adrien chuckled gaining a laugh from Marinette.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys!

This is an AU where there are no kwamis. I wanted to try something a bit different, to see what I could come up with.

I actually had a major inspriation for this fanfic and its the song 'Long time no see' by Wild Youth(They're An Irish Band). I definitly recommend u check it out. Its such a good song.

Also I know I kinda took the title of the song, but I really couldn't think of anything else. This fic wont be updated every week I will get a chapter out whenever I'm ready.

Thats all!:) Nicole x