Chapter 10

I wake up to the sound of my phone vibrating. Rolling over, I pick my phone up from my nightstand and see that it's Scott calling me.

"Hello?" I say groggily into the phone.

"Ashlyn! Ash, are you awake?" Scott asked.

"Well, I am now."

"Look, there's something wrong with Stiles."

"I know there's something wrong with him."

"No. Like really. He just called me in hysterics. He's lost and doesn't know where he is. And he wants me to find him. I don't know what to do. He said he was sleepwalking. Also that he can't move and somethings on his leg." Scott was breathing heavily and I heard things falling in the background.

I sat up in my bed. "What's on his leg?"

"He doesn't know. But he thinks it's bleeding."

"Bleeding?"

"Yes. And he says it smells awful. But he doesn't want us to call his dad."

"Why doesn't he want his dad to know?"

"He says that his dad worries too much already."

"Scott, you need to tell his dad."

"I can't. Me and Isaac are on our way to pick you up."

"Okay. I'll get ready." I hung up and flew out of bed. I quietly moved around my room and slipped a sweatshirt on over my head.

I then walked downstairs and stepped outside to wait for Isaac and Scott. It was 3 in the morning. Jesus. I heard the rumble of motorcycles and they pulled up and I walked over to Scott's bike. "Any updates?"

"He thinks he's in a basement. And it's really cold where he is." Isaac said.

"It's freaking freezing out." I shivered. "He sleeps in t-shirts. So he's gotta be cold."

"He also thinks that there's someone in there with him."

"We need to get to his house. Get on." Scott handed me a helmet as he and Isaac started their bikes up again.

I got on and we got to his house in no time. We got inside and walked upstairs. Opening his door, I about had a heart attack. Lydia and Aiden were already standing in the middle of his room.

"How did you know? Did he call you too?" Scott asked Lydia.

"I heard it." Lydia said.

"Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask." Aiden sighed.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Not as confusing as this." She moved out of the way so we could see Stiles' bed. It had scissors stabbed into the mattress with red string going to every picture on his wall.

"He uses red for unsolved cases." I sighed, my chest tightening. A feeling I have gotten used to.

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?" Isaac offered.

"Or is an unsolved case." Aiden added.

"Hold on. Is he still out there? You don't know where he is?" Lydia asked.

"He said he was in an industrial basement somewhere. We came here to get a better scent." Scott explained.

"What else did he say?"

"Something's wrong with his leg. It's bleeding."

"And he's freezing." Isaac added.

"Tonight's the coldest night of the year. It's going to drop into the 20s." Aiden said, his eyes widening.