Chapter 5

Emma's POV

Oh my god, that was living hell!" I groaned and he nodded.
"Let's go, we're meeting the guys," Luke said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. He guided me to where the gang was and turns out they were at the carpark, standing infront of a black 7 seater estema. "Woah, nice car," I said to no one in particular.
"Yea? My dad owns a car company so... I got this half price," Alex scratched the back of his head. Woah, a car company? Then he must be hella rich! I'm pretty sure the whole school knows it since Ashton will most definitely be bragging or showing off how rich he is. I mean he wears designer clothes all the way! Only one word for him. Spoilt. Okay and another one. Hot. Yea, I'm new but so what? It's as if his life is an open book and based on popularity which is really pathetic and stupid, well to me it is. "We're heading for lunch, you up for it Emma?" Justin's voice made me snap out of my thoughts. i nodded, "my mothers at work so I'm good."
"What about your dad?" Lily asked. My dad... I could feel tears in my eyes whenever someone spoke of my dad, even if it wasn't intentional.
"My dad is gone," I said softly.
I heard Lily gasp and then I felt her arms around me.
"Oh Emma, I'm so sorry, I.... i didn't know..." she trailed off and I gave her a weak smile.
"It's okay," I lied, It wasn't okay, I'm not okay. I'm not the strong girl that I was anymore. I wasn't the old Emma Faye anymore. The Emma Faye last time is dead. I used to be this girl who no one dared to bully, everyone bowed down to me as if I was their queen. In fact I was at my old school. I was the Emma Faye. All time A scorer but also the queen bee of my school. I was the good girl too, basically, I used to be a two faced bitch. But now, I'm not. My dad changed me, his death was my fault. My mother would say it isn't but to me it is, and it always will be, because I caused it. I caused his death.
I didn't even know I was crying until someone wiped my tears away.
"You'll be okay, okay?" Alex whispered, giving me a small smile. I sniffed and nodded, of course I was lying but these people who I don't even know for a day know about my secret. I told them because I know I can trust them, because they care, I don't wanna let them down too.
"Cmon lets cheer this girl up with some ice cream," Alicia smiled, putting her arm around my shoulder. Just what I needed.
In the car I texted my mum and told her I was out with my new friends and she said okay. I thought about my mum throughout the whole ride. What has she done to deserve this? She has to work from morning till night, doesn't get enough sleep and has to work on Saturdays too. And who's fault is it? Mine. All mine. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts and realised that Alex was talking to me.
"What?" I asked him. He chuckled, "I said we're here."
"Oh," I bit my lip, embarrassed.
"It's okay, lets go," he smiled, helping me out of the car. Such a gentleman, not at all like his brother. Wait, why do I keep thinking about him. Ughh, I'm gonna get him out of my head. He isn't worth me worrying, or is he??