IV

The sisters came running into the house while Ellabell was leaving to tell Jimal.

"What is i..." said Diles as Ellabell was closing the door.

Ellabell was running so fast she didn't noticed that she had run right into Jimal, who was on his lunch break.

"Whow, slow down pretty girl." Jimal said with a hint of surprise.

"Guess...what?" Ellabell said rather breathlessly.

"Wait pretty girl is talking. Jimal guesses that, the palace is having ball," he guessed.

"How did you know?" Ellabell said after she got her breath back.

"Jimal guessed." He said, "and Jimal might have also seen posters." He added on while going slightly red.

"Okay, well anyway we need shoes. Can you help my new family out with that?" She asked.

"Of course Jimal can help pretty girl and her family, but why would pretty girl want Jimal to make shoes for them?" he said in a confused voice.

"Firstly you can stop calling me pretty girl because my name is Ellabell. And secondly you're the only cordwainer I know." She said, "You also make really good shoes."

"Okay I need to come to your place to take the measurements for the shoes."

"Okay. Can we hurry please its quite cold, and I forgot my shoes."

"Sure, Jimal was about to go for run anyway."

So Jimal and Ellabell ran from the café they were standing in front of all the way to Ellabell's new home on South street. And when they got there there was a whole heap of fabric that Timila had bought only days before.

"What's going on?" Asked Ellabell.

"Jimal is confused," he said in a confused voice.

"Oh good. You brought a cordwainer." Said a very exited Timila, "and this fabric is going to be dresses for you and you sisters."

"Oh, okay." Ellabell said in an even more confused voice, "may I ask why?"

"You don't think I'm going to let you stay home instead of going to the ball do you? That would be out of the question. You are very much a part of this family as me." She said in a stern voice. "Now get you foot measured, and then get your sisters to have their feet measured.

And with that the preparations started. Jimal measured the girl's feet and found out that Ellabell and Diles have the same size foot.

~~~~~~

The shoes took one week to make. Gemisa's shoes were a beautiful pale pink with rose quarts forming a flower on the side. Diles' had a light purple tinge to them with amethysts creating a love heart on the side, while Ellabell's were made from a black fabric with lava crystals making a butterfly on the top. All of the shoes went with the dresses except Ellabell's. her dress was white with opals decorating the bodes. When the dresses needed fitting Ellabell was nowhere to be seen because she was upstairs in her room, making a black dress to go with her new dance shoes.

"Ellabell, darling, we need you down here so we can get you fitted into your dress properly." Timila called up to her.

"Coming, Timila," Ellabell called back. "I'm just finishing off my mask," she added on quickly so that Timila wouldn't get suspicious. Ellabell had finished her mask three days before but didn't tell anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nabi was trying to find one of the many markets in the city when someone walked right in to his chest and fell over.

"Ow, that hurt you stupide wall." She said while the prince was trying to hold in his giggles, and failing miserably.

"Well, that's a new way of meeting people," he said through his fit of giggles. She than looked up to see that it wasn't a wall, and it was in fact the prince who she walked in to.

"Oh, I am so sorry your highness." She said while scrambling to her feet to do an awkward bow. "I wasn't looking where I was going. You see I was heading to the market."

And she didn't get to finish her sentence because the prince looked at her and said "the market? I'm heading that way actually."

"Really, why would you, the prince, be heading to market?"