Chapter 4

My eyes follow the movement of my black and white uniform flats as I carry out food towards the other sins, the tips of my silver hair swaying behind me like a small cape. The coloured glass of the Boar Hat Tavern's windows allow tinted streams of light to shine towards the floor, making the glossy hard-wood shimmer. Escanor stands behind the bar cleaning glasses as the smell of Ban's cooking radiates from the kitchen towards the sitting area.

It's been a few days since my encounter with Meliodas, and ever since, he has been distancing himself more than usual. He hasn't touched the ale in the Tavern, and I haven't even seen him eat.

"Thanks Elizabeth," Diane says with a smile as I place the food down in front of her. King and Merlin also accept their plates politely. Things haven't been the same since they left, and as much as I want them to stay, they have only returned to give some intell on what's happening with the forest as well as Elaine.

"Well I'm glad to hear that my spell has been working correctly," Merlin continues her conversation as I sit down with them. King and Diane go on to report how healthy she has been since the spell was casted, and how soon enough, she might not even need magic to survive.

Before anyone can add to the topic, the Tavern doors fly open with a bang, a very distressed looking Hawk propelling in while a loud squeal leaves his mouth. Everyone stands up to see what's the matter, but he fills us in quickly.

"HELP- THE CITY...- IT'S UNDER ATTACK!" My eyes widen with fear as the explanation becomes clear.

"Who Hawk? Estarossa?" Diane cries worryingly, stepping closer to King, who watches her out of the side of his eye.

"YES, NOW HURRY!"

Ban rushes out of the kitchen just in time followed by Escanor, both in their stronger forms. Everyone leaves the tavern in a haste, glancing out towards the city at the base of the mountain. As expected, the city is being destroyed with a puff of smoke, the loud screams of the towns people and whinnies of horses echoing from the valley.

"Shit," Ban says under his breath, standing closer to Merlin as she casts her teleportation spell. A purple light glimmers around us and before we are teleported, magic stars spiral from the ground.

"Evacuate the citizens! I will summon a perfect cube around the Captain and Estarossa, I just need time," Merlin yells over the destruction of the city around us. I nod sternly with a determined expression, following Ban, King and Hawk as they descend from the fragile balcony by a flight of wooden stairs.

Instead of helping evacuate the folk, Ban dashes off in the direction of a fallen building - caused from the fight of Meliodas and Estarossa. King calls out to him in desperation, but Ban's long legs spring his body from building to building, letting him slip away into the chaos.

"We don't need him!" Diane says as she kneels down in her giant form, holding her two hands low to the cracked stone to allow ten or so people to clamber off. King, Hawk and I quickly take them to the outskirts of Liones, laying them all down to rest as I hold my hands together in a praying gesture.

The warm glow of my healing ability comforts everyone in the area, and once I've finished tending to their wounds, my floating silver hair weighs back down, covering my magic eye. A heavy sigh leaves my chest as I feel some of my energy dying.

"Take it easy Elizabeth," Hawk snorts worriedly beside me, his little eyes glancing up at me with concern. I offer him a small smile.

"Diane has another load of people," King says as his eyes scan back at the city, dusting his hands off on his pillow. Within seconds, the giant is here, giving another ten or so people for healing.