Chapter 1

Welcome to Hikoshi. It's a miserable city, to say the least, not a colour in sight for miles across this isolated place. Full of apartment blocks, offices, and other dull, high-rise buildings, Hikoshi is a bustling city with people filling the streets at every time of the day and night. It's a very populated city, however, people outside of there don't seem to know it exists. Maybe because the nearest settlement to Hikoshi is no less than 10 miles away. Anyway, we're not here to talk much about the city, but one very... significant person that lives there - Tom Nook.

•••

-Tom Nook-

Tom Nook is only one out of the millions of Hikoshi's inhabitants, but he is definitely noticed by everyone. Being a raccoon in a judgemental, human-filled city isn't easy; getting spat on, pushed around, dirty looks, and quite frankly just being bullied by everyone he comes into contact with.

He has lived in Hikoshi all his life with an ambition to escape and finally turn a New Leaf, but with only a few pennies in his pocket, for Tom Nook, it's harder than it sounds. He has a job, but with his ever decreasing motivation to get up in the morning, he's getting very close to losing it. Not that it would bother him - he only works part time in Club LOL cleaning up after the sheer amount of drunk humans partying every day for god knows what reason. They have things to do in the morning too, right? Tom had never managed to get his head around that. He had no other choice, though. No other place would take him, and he desperately needed the money.

I'll never be able to get out of this hell hole his mind keeps telling him you're stuck here, no friends, no family, no money, no fucking motivation.

The constant thoughts sprinting across his mind had caused Tom to get to a pretty dark place. Even thinking about falling out of his 15th floor apartment window on to a busy road didn't scare him anymore. It used to be his only reason to move out of Hikoshi. Then the world just... turned on him.