Chapter 2

...and they plummeted, gaining speed toward the emerald waters below.

"Valdeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!" Calypso screamed, her coffe hair flying around her murderous face. Dang, Leo loved it when she looked murderous.

Creeeak squereeeeeeeeek Festus groaned weakly, looking at Leo then down at the rapidly nearing water accusingly.

"You're right, boy." Leo muttered, mentally shaking himself. "Got to focus..." And Leo set to work.

Unhooking the Archimedes sphere from his belt, Leo started fiddling around, his fingers flying furiously.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" Calypso shrieked from Festus's back.

"SAVING OUR HIDES, SUNSHINE!" Leo yelled back "GET THE BEDSHEET!"

"WHAT?"

"THE BEDSHEET!" Leo practically screamed, gesturing to the cargo hold, not looking up from his sphere.

Growling, Calypso grabbed the large, white scrap of fabric, trying not to look down. She failed. The foamy surf was racing towards them. Calypso estimated they had about 20 seconds. Leo snatched the sheet and attached it to his toolbelt. He then inserted the Archimedes sphere into Festus' brain circuitry. Nothing happened.

"LEO!!!!!!" Calypso screamed. It was NOT going to happen like this. She was NOT going to spend thousands of years trapped on an island then finally, finally escape only to become driftwood on the sea floor because of a stupid, broken, dragon!

10,9,8...

Leo didn't look at her. He stroked Festus' head sadly.

"I'm sorry, big guy." Leo whispered. He scrambled toward Calypso, brushing tears out of his eyes and put his hand around her waist.

6,5,4..

"Hold on tight, Sunshine." Leo whispered into her ear, before toppling sideways off the dragon, into the swirling air around them.

3,2,1...

BOOM!