Chapter 1

Leo really wished he wasn't so addiicted to Fonzies. If he weren't things could have turned out a lot differently. Of course, the day started off great. I mean, who doesn't love erupting into a  huge flaming human fireball, destroying an Earth goddess, dying, coming back to life and crash-landing (oh so gracefully) into a tropical island where a beautiful immortal girl is waiting for you? Not Leo. He loved it!

Leo switched Festus to auto-pilot and turned around to look at the beautiful girl sitting behind him. He still couldn't believe it - he had done it! What no other hero had done before. He had found Ogygia again and had rescued Calypso.

Calypso smiled, and then wrinkled her nose, "You smell of buring rubber," she said.

"Well, I did just EXPLODE for you, Sunshine," Leo said, mock offended.

Calypso just smiled and pulled Leo in for a kiss. 

"I don't suppose this dragon has a picnic basket hidden away?" Calypso asked, her stomach rumbling so loud that even Leo could hear it. How long had they been flying for?

"As a matter of fact," Leo said, "This dragon comes fully equipped with a refridgerator, freezer, microwave, stove, oven and blender!"

The words sounded foreign to Calypso but she was sure they were meant to impress her.

"Wow, it really has all that?" she asked.

"Nope!" smiled Leo, "But it does have a storage compartment..... I'm prettty sure there's some food."

As Leo navigated himself awkwardly around Calypso, she watched as he felt around Festus' scales for a few seconds before yanking up a panel and typing in some numbers. A combination? Suddenly, a horrible, grating sound was heard and Calypso covered her ears.

"Sorry!" Leo said, looking sheepish. "It's not quite perfect."

"I'll say!" Calypso snorted but she grinned at his face. 

"Jackpot!" Leo whooped, jumping inside the surprisingly large cargo hold.

"What?" Calypso asked, curious to see what he was so excited about. But then again, Leo was like a puppy she thought affectionately. He gets excited about everything!

"When I planned this little trip,  I packed all the essentials. You know, things I can't live without. Check it out!"

The daughter of Atlas snorted. It was probably full of grommets and gears. Nevertheless, Calypso made her way down the fragon's neck to the open hatch. In it was; a book called 'Divergent', a bronze pin that looked like a bird in a circle of gold; a T-shirt that said CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON and a large pile of bright, yellow and red (BTW GUYS I TOTALLY LOOKED THIS UP, FONZIES ARE A REAL THING, CHECK IT OUT ON GOOGLE IMAGES) packages.

"Fonzies!" Leo whooped, grabbing and armful of the colourful rectangles and climbing out of the cargo hold, leaving the hatch open.

"Fonzies?" Calypso asked, clearly unimpressed.

"Yeah!" Leo enthused, "They're the best!" Leo pulled apart one of the packets and drew out an oval of some sort of food. Popping it in his mouth, Leo grinned in that crazy way that Claypson just loved.

"They're.... food?" Calypso asked doubtfully.

"Yes!" Leo said, rolling his eyes. "Try one!" 

The goddess didn't look so sure. "Come on..." Leo said in a wheedling tone, brandishing the - Fonzie? - in her face.

"Better than nothing," Calypso sighed, taking the Fonzie and eating it. She was surprised when her teeth crunched down on it. It made such a loud noise! Her expression must have been pretty priceless because Leo cracked up.

"I can't belive you've never had potato chips (crisps for the British peeps - me included - but Leo lives in the USA so he would say chips) before!" the boy said. Calypso forgot how irritating he was.

"Shut up and eat your Fonzies." she said, grabbing a bag herself and sitting down next to Leo on Festus' neck. 

"I'm such a good provider!" Leo said, spreading his arms and looking around for imaginary applause.

"Just top-notch!" Calypso said, yanking him down to sit beside her. They laughed and shared Fonzies whilst looking at the sunset over the waves and finally - finally - feeling content.

Which, of course, is when everything went wrong. 

Festus groaned and the flapping of his wings became shuddery and weak. The glow in his ruby eyes died a little but not completely - there was no way de-activate entirely after Piper permanently woke him up. There was a discouraging rumbling sound coming from his joints. Leo cursed himself. Festus must have been telling Leo for ages what was wrong but he was too wrapped up in Calypso and their Fonzie picnic to notice.

"Estupido!" Leo cursed under his breath, scrambling up Festus' neck to his head. 

"What's wrong?" Calypso asked, surprised at Leo's sudden movement. Leo disconnected the control panel behind Festus; head and looked at Calypso with a horrified expression on his face.

"So, so much!" Leo moaned and didn't look surprised when Festus suddenly stopped flying all together and they plummeted, gaining speed toward the emerald waters below.