Chapter Fifty Three-Perfect

"'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
Darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight"
-Ed Sheeran

"'Cause we were just kids when we fell in loveNot knowing what it wasI will not give you up this timeDarling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I ownAnd in your eyes, you're holding mineBaby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my armsBare...

————————-
We were all stood around the table, waiting to hear word that Clary and Jace stopped Valentine. Suddenly, Alec gasped and braced his hands on the table.
"Alec, hey are you okay?" I asked, hurrying to check on him.
I put my hand against his, Izzy, Magnus and Brendon looking over.
"His parabatai rune" Izzy gasped, standing next to me and Alec with concern over her features.
"It's," Alec gasped in pain, "Jace"
Alec falls to the floor, myself and Izzy clattering after him. Gripping his hand, i leant on my knees as he gasped deeply. His other hand was against his parabatai rune on his side as Izzy leant on the other side with her hand on his shoulder.
"I...i can't feel him. He's dead" he whispered as i gripped his hand tighter.

Jace was dead? No, that...he couldn't. I looked up to Izzy, seeing tears shining in her eyes. I could feel the pain washing over her and from myself. Jace was apart of our lives for eight years, the idea of him being dead was incomprehensible.
"We need to get to lake lyn" Izzy spoke as she stood up, brushing her hands over her eyes to rid them of tears.
"I can make a portal" Magnus cut in.
Alec hand was weak in mine as i focused on him. I couldn't think of a word to comfort him and i felt awful for that. I couldn't say it would be okay because it wasn't.
"Come on, we're gonna go to Lake Lyn" I whispered, coaxing him gently.
Standing up, i gripped his hands and pulled him up. I moved to pull my hand out of his but Alec just gripped tighter.
"Just...don't leave me" He whispered weakly.
"I won't" i replied softly.

~~~~
Stepping out the portal, we looked up to the sky to see a blinding light.
"We're too late" Izzy whispered.
"He raised the angel" Magnus whispered, fear set in his voice.
We stood around, looking towards Magnus.
"Magnus, you need to get to safety" Brendon said, a desperate hint to his tone.
"We need to find Jace and Clary" Mangus brushed off, clearly not wanting to run and hide.
We rushed to the lake as quickly as we could, trying to get to the pair before Valentine could make the wish.

When we finally got to the lake side, we saw Valentine lying motionless in his own blood and Clary and Jace kissing. Jace was alive.
"They're okay" Alec breathed out in relief.
"Actually, they're more than okay" Izzy stared, us all shocked Jace was alive.
They pulled apart, standing up and facing us.
"Jace...i thought you were dead. My rune it disappeared" Alec stuttered as they walked over to us.
"Look at it now" Jace urged.
Alec pulled his shirt up, the rune standing as bold as the day it was drawn.
"How?" Alec inquired.
"I don't know" Jace shrugged, casting a glance back to Clary.