Chapter 23

Never give up hope, no matter how dark things seem.

Ahsoka couldn't sleep. A million thoughts swarmed around inside her head. She could sense that something was off, different. But what it was, she couldn't quite place. After lying in bed for a while, at around midnight, she got up and went to the garage. When she opened the door, her eyes grew wide. Now she knew what was off. The Twilight was gone. And that could only mean one thing.

Anakin was gone too.

<~>

Anakin and Obi-Wan came up on the Republic blockade and went over their plan.

"I don't like lying," said Obi-Wan. "It's not a good idea."

"Alright then Mr. Genius," said Anakin sarcastically. "What's your plan?"

"I say we sneak past them," said Obi-Wan. "If Windu is on that ship then he'll be able to sense us."

Anakin rolled his eyes. "Look. It's the middle of the night. No sensible person is up at this hour."

"We are," said Obi-Wan.

"Right," said Anakin. "I said no sensible person."

"You're insane."

"And you're sensible."

"Oh shut up and help us get past this blockade."

"Why are you so edgy?"

Obi-Wan shrugged and looked at the floor. "Nothing, I'm fine."

"Everything alright?" asked Anakin. "You sure?"

"I said I'm fine," said Obi-Wan.

"Well you don't look fine," said Anakin. "Just tell me what's wrong."

"There's an incoming transmission," said Obi-Wan earnestly, receiving it.

"Are you upset because Satine's leaving and you didn't get to say goodbye?" asked Anakin.

"I beg your pardon?" said a voice on the other end.

"It's nothing," said Obi-Wan quickly, his face flushing. Anakin snickered and grinned slyly. "We're requesting permission to leave."

"Stay there while we do a scan of your ship."

"It's rather urgent," said Anakin. "Can't we leave now?"

"Not until we scan your ship," said the admiral. "It is General Windu's orders."

"Screw General Windu," said Anakin under his breath. He angled the Twilight so it was aiming just below the bridge. In two swift motions, he shot the ship into hyperspace and ended the transmission.

"What was that for?" asked Obi-Wan.

"I needed to get out of that stressful situation," said Anakin with a raised eyebrow. "Why?"

"You are strange," said Obi-Wan.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Where are we even going?"

"Endor," said Anakin. "Like the hologram said."

"Let's just hope we're not to late," said Obi-Wan.

"Don't worry," said Anakin. "Knowing Palpatine, they'll probably be waiting for me with open arms and nice big bouquet of roses."

 <~>

Dooku bowed to his master. "Master. They have entered hyperspace. The spy wishes to speak with you."