Chapter 2

Time passed and Conner changed from baby to boy. Not the other way around.

Marie got a new job as a bar tender, on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. These shifts were originally supposed to last from six pm until ten pm... But they often go on, Erm, longer. (*wink wink*)

Marie had been telling Darrell that she had been doing "often-time". When actually, (*hint, hint, wink, wink*) she was having fun in the sun, (having more affairs). Never was there a more regular customer to the local hotel than Marie.

Six months had passed since Darrell had got out of jail. Conner was three and half. Darrell had got a job working as a bin man for the local council.

Marie put Conner to bed. The three-point-five year old fell asleep quickly... He slept like a baby, because he practically was.

At nine o'clock Darrell announced he was going to the pub, leaving Marie in the house with a three and a half year old. A normal mum would've cosies up at the tv with a mug of hot cocoa. But... Marie was no ordinary mum. Remember this was a married woman with thirty affairs behind her. Marie picked up the family telephone. The chavs had had to save hard for over a year just to buy a ten pound landline phone.

Reaching her hand into her bra, Marie pulled out a much folded piece of paper with a hastily scribbled number on it. She dialled the number calling her latest boyfriend, Shaun.

"Hey babe," she cooed, "Darrell's out, Connor's asleep... How about you come over?"

TEN MINUTES LATER...