Chapter 9

Phone Call

"Hunny.. what're we going to do..."

I say while looking at my husband.

Husband: "Sweetie, I really don't know. How did he even remember what she looks like.. it's been 4 years.."

"We need to tell him. He's old enough now. Plus, her new family has been trying to contact us."

Husband: "How did they even find our contact information?!"

"I heard they ordered a private investigator.."

Husband: "This is unbelievable..."

It was quite for a second.

Husband: "We shouldn't tell him.. it's for the best."

"I'm trusting in you that this is the right decision."

After a few days I decided to give Y/N's adoptive family a call. I wanted to see if she'd remember us or if the family would give me some information about her.

As the phone rang, I was thinking this was a bad idea. But before I could hang up, someone answered the phone.

Y/N's adoptive father: "Hello?"

"Hi.. this is Kim Y/M/N"

Y/N's adoptive father: "Ah.. Mrs. Kim.. we've been wanting to hear from you and Mr. Kim. Regarding your child.. Kim Y/N."

Y/N's adoptive father: "Is it alright if we bring her in?"

"No.. no. I just want you to give me details about her.. how her life is and if she has any memories from when the accident happened.."

Y/N's adoptive father: "Mrs. Kim... she was to young to remember that day. I'm sorry but she only knows that we're her parents."

"Ah.. okay."

Y/N's adoptive father: "If this is all, you may hang up."

"Yes.. thank you for your time Mr.."

Y/N's adoptive father: "Ah.. it's Mr. Jeong"

"Okay, thank you Mr, Jeong."

And with that, the call ended.

No memories of us..

Just her new family.

And with that, I will never call again.