Love Hurts

It's been two years.

Two years since he's been gone.

And Luke hurts so fucking much.

No one knew what it was going to happen so soon and everyone was shocked.

Luke was broken. He didn't know that the promise that he made to him about never forgetting him while they were sitting on the roof was going to turn out so real. He thought he'd be holding him in his arms not staring at his grave with soft sobs and salty tears that haven't stopped.

People thought he was crazy after two years of going to visit him every so often because of his crazy schedule. But no matter what, he would drop everything he was doing and visit him whenever it got to much.

Management didn't like the fact that they were together, so they weren't aloud to uncover their relationship. Their parents weren't very fond of it because of all the hate they would get, but supported them through out everything. Michael and Calum were the ones who understood better than everyone else. They would help the two sneak out to go on their secret little dates or distract management.

Now all he does is look at the tomb stone that his best friend and boyfriend's name is carved into.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin
July 7, 1994- August 5, 2014
'The one that got away.'"

Luke was now twenty and Ashton would've been twenty two. He hasn't seen anyone in the way that he saw Ashton. He hasn't touched anyone, or kissed anyone the same way since Ashton.

Luke loved him much more than anyone thought. He spent his days outside performing and interviews moping around. Even the fans would still comment on the passing of his boy friend. How they think that everyone who wanted to keep them apart were stupid and sometimes got into fights with people who still sent the hate that sent Ashton over the edge. The bags under his eyes are tattooed to his face because he can't seem to sleep anymore without the warmth of Ashton beside him.

He misses his touch, the way his skin tingled in a way that was indescribable, the butterflies that erupted every time Ashton smiled his dimpled smile. The lazy days they'd have during breaks from work. Even if he was only eighteen, he loved Ashton, and Ashton loved him as well. Luke knew he loved him after about a year when he was just sixteen and Ashton was eighteen. Little did he know that Ashton felt the same way. The only problem was that they were now semi famous and the age gap, but that didn't stop the two boys. They had secret dates and stayed up talking snuggled in bed to the early hours of the morning.

Luke sniffed as he remembered all the memories they had during those three years together. All the fights he had with his mother and management when they were caught.

He remembers when Ashton started to go down hill. The way his smile began to fade slowly and his eating habits began to drop, and the way Ashton seemed to shelter himself like he had when he first joined the band. The only people he let in were Calum, Michael, and of course Luke. At first he didn't harm himself physically but he mentally brought himself down more and more. He began to believe what the people began saying about him and so he stopped eating, while building his walls up that were brought down when he met the boys.

The fans noticed as well. The way he wouldn't talk as much during interviews and seemed to only look himself while playing the multiple concerts and acoustic sessions. His lack of interaction confirmed their suspicions. Ashton was always the only making videos, and posting pictures or tweeting random shit. They noticed the way he would hug himself almost as a way to protect himself from whatever was scaring him like a child.

Luke remembered the hints he was given from the curly haired boy. But since he was use to seeing things in a positive colorful perspective he didn't think much of it.