You're In Love

*a week later*

"Literally, you got me there."

Karlie laughed, as she clinked glasses with Taylor, who was laughing without any valid reason. Having reminded the model of her face once Taylor faked the news of her being pregnant, she remembered the model gaping at her as if Taylor wasn't capable of making kids.

As the week had progressed, everything turned out fine. The couple, who were then certified "single" after their talk with the management, maintained a friendly attitude with each other after having rubbished all rumors of them, that had cropped up. The media had gone into a frenzy, for they had found the highlight of 2014; a couple that were forced to live together even though they weren't even bound by the supposedly unbreakable vows of marriage. (And that's being said, considering that such marriages did exist.)

Dancing neon lights lit up their faces, their laughter and cat smiles coming to light. It had to be sometime ever since they had been seen so happy, especially in each other's presence. Taylor had a loose arm around Cara, who was scrutinized constantly by Kendall, from across the room. Adriana and Lily were seated right across Karlie, contemplating on what to drink.

"Oh my gosh, Derek's here!"

Lily commented, as Karlie got up to greet her friend, whom she had not met for the longest time. He was highly esteemed of course, by all the models. Dressed in a casual white Polo shirt and tight jeans, Derek waved to all the models before ordering himself rum and replacing Taylor's vacant seat next to Karlie.

"Pfft, feels like ages. Where's Aaron?"

Derek asked, winking at the female bartender and then, turning to Karlie. Change had been harsh to him, Karlie thought as she eyed his unkempt beard. She liked him clean shaved, but she didn't comment upon it for her mind was set upon the girl, who was dancing with Cara on the other side of the room.

"He's out of the country. Work to take care of."

Karlie replied curtly, as she eyed the Brit model, who had her hands all over her wife. Wait, she couldn't even call Taylor her wife now, not when they had never been married in the first place.

Derek observed her behaviour for a while, smiling all the while as he noted that the model was constantly peeking at the singer, who was pretty much intoxicated beyond her means.

"You fancy her, don't you?"

Derek bit his tongue as he raised a glass towards the singer.

Wrought out of her daydream, Karlie faked a laugh as she denied the idea. She had just gotten out of all the drama, why would she even want to step into the same pit again?

"Nobody fancies her."

Karlie commented, as she leaned closer to him once she noticed that there were people, who could eavesdrop on their conversation. She hardly needed more people to know of her personal life, what when almost everything she did now was posted by Hollywood Life.

Derek raised his eyebrows in response but was helped up by Lily onto the dancefloor, who wouldn't take no for an answer.

Karlie got up, knowing that simply staring at the singer wouldn't get her anywhere. Therefore, she chose to go to her only confidantè, the only woman whom she knew could help her figure out what was wrong with her.

* * *

The dark haired model walked in through the library door, where she knew that her aunt must be. Even though it was a late hour, she knew that she knew that Ivonne would be seated in her armchair, going through a classic or two while enjoying a glass of matured mead.