CHAPTER THREE

Hey guys please you need to re-read this chapter, I had forgotten to do some adjustments before publishing it.

I apologize, please do read this chapter again and let me know what you think.
Thank you and God bless.

Roseline POV

I drove to enter my estate's gate. Whenever I enter this compound I'm always reminded of how hard I've worked over the years. Its also a  reminder of my marriage. My husband and I started the marriage off with love and trust. Even when he was advised not to marry me by his friends because I am more well to do than him, he didn't heed their advised. He told me that he doesn't mind if I have it a little all together than him because he feels that as far as he loves me, there was nothing else to worry about.

I got out of my car and walk towards the door. I opened it and stepped in.

"I'm home". I called. I saw my husband walk down from the stairs.

"Welcome babe" he says after pecking me on the cheek.

"Thanks, how was work today". I ask him.

"Well,  we thank God" he answers

"That's good. Have you eaten, I could probably cook a little something for you if you have not".

"No dont worry about me, I ate while coming from the office. I arrived like twenty minutes ago".

"Alright then, I wanna go shower before I find something to eat in the fridge" I said and started walking up the stairs to our room.

I don't know why but I have always wanted to marry someone that can cook for himself. This is because there is absolutely no way that I can be the only one cooking and doing stuffs without a help out. Another thing is that I don't fancy house helps. Even if I get  I wouldn't want him or her to cook anything food because not everyone can be trusted.

The chilled water hit my skin greatly bringing my senses back from reverie. I started scrubing myself with my sponge inside the soap filled tub. Bathing time is practically my time in the world because it makes me to think a lot and also makes me to relax. I closed my eyes to be able to feel the water more against my skin.

My mind went back to the first time I and my husband met and we thought were in love because of the nonsense butterfly I always felt whenever I was with him. I wished I definitely went to programs that would enlighten me more on marriage. Marriage they say its not for small children.

In yester years, marriage was a 'still death do us part thing' not now that divorce has become too normalised. I mean all those vows are just for nothing, I wonder why people still waste their spits.

Those days Paul was so charming, I thought he was my Mr Right, I felt him sweeping me off my feet but it never occurred to me that the various romantic and fantasies I found myself were not real life. Though, he doesn't beat,  I don't just feel his love anymore.

I got to know late that LOVE is not a feeling but a decision that one makes occasionally. Truth be told marriage is not meant to be easy, however it is not to be endured rather it should be enjoyed, but I find myself trying to endure my marriage with Paul because we both have unconsciously decided not to show love to one another hence the silent war going on in the house.

"Hey, are you done, your phone is ringing, it says Tony". Paul's voice jerked me back to reality.

"Alright thanks, I'm almost done. Just let the phone ring, I will call the person back"

"Okay then, goodnight, I want to sleep now, I have a long day tomorrow".

"Alright sweet dreams". I signed. We haven't even prayed and he is already going to sleep. All is well oo. I continue in my bath, Five minutes later I stood up to climb out of the tub feeling refresh.

I walk into the walk-in closet to get my night gown on so I can settle down on the side of my bed. As I was about to settle down I remembered the phone call. I went over to my mini office table in the room to get my phone. I unlocked the phone and saw that it was Tony. I called him back.

"Hi good evening, hope you good".

"Yeah I'm fine thanks and you"

"I'm okay thanks, so to what do I own this call".

"Well,  I wanted to say thank you for the deal, it is a really huge one and I promise not to let you down. I apologize for calling this late, I just thought I should say thank you once more for sealing the deal with a small firm like ours"

"Okay, no problem. You are welcome. See you at work then. Do have a goodnight rest".

"Thank you and you too".

I smile staring at my phone as I clicked the red button to cut the call. I placed my phone on the table and returned to my bed. My head hit table and my eyes started drifting to closure.

"I do hope I don't have to worry about him, I refuse to believe that the Tony that called was not a girl".

"Huh"

"You were obviously happy talking to him, it showed in your voice".

"Well am I meant to be sad while talking to an employee".

"Okay ooo, I just hope it should not pass employees employer relationship".

"Whatever makes you sleep at night my dear mtchewww".

I cuddled tighter with my duvet, trying to get some sleep and not letting whatever just happened spoil my mood.

The issue of trust is definitely one thing we are facing in this marriage. Hmmm. As I was about sleeping, I quietly prayed and drifted off to sleep immediately.

⬇⬇⬇

Hi, guys. Its me again giving you another chapter to digest.
Pleaseeee like this chapter and every other one
And also please follow and share your view about this chapter and this book in general by commenting.
See you all later... Thanks so much for reading ❤❤❤