INTRODUCTION

"This is exactly why I hate humans."

Everyone looked at me with wide eyes.

"Isa, you're not supposed to say such things." Siman said, his eyes filled with concern. This man pities a lot and sometimes it makes him look pitiful.

Ophelia slapped his arm.

"What do you mean 'say'? Isa, don't even think like that. Angels are not supposed to hate humans."

We heard another scream from the women we were looking at.

"Oh, my!! This is too much for me." Siman said as he got up and walked away, wiping his tears.

"I couldn't sleep well last night because of you, Isa." Ophelia said.

"Me?"

"Yes. You came into my dreams all night." She smiled a flirty smile. "So I'll leave for now. Remember to come to my room when you're finished."

I looked at Margaret and of course, she, too, got up.

"Just because you're youngest and good looking, don't be cocky, Isa."

And she left.

I was left to work alone.

Again.

"Not supposed to hate humans? I even hate you angels." I mumbled as I leaned on the table and looked down.

The drunk human kicked his wife. Again. Again.

All I could do was watch from up here.

"You're not sleeping during work. Right?"

I jumped as I straightened up, hitting the man's nose who had whispered in my ear.

"Are you okay?" I said as I stood besides him.

"Oh. I think I'm bleeding." The man said while pressing his nose with his palm.

"I am so sorry, elder, but you shouldn't ha- "

"Elder?" He straightened up. "What makes you think I'm an elder?"

"You're not bleeding." I said, looking at him with no emotions.

Realization took over his features before he let out a nervous laugh.

"Oh, yes. You're right. I am not."

"Who are you? I don't think I've seen you here before."

"Well... I have never seen you here either."

"You-"

A loud scream got both of us to look down.

"Why is he.....?" The man besides me looked bewildered.

"She gave birth to a girl. He wanted a boy. So, he went to kill the baby but she opposed. And then...this happened."

I watched as his expression changed into one with pain.

"Why don't you help her?"

He had no tears in his eyes. No anger in his voice. But he sounded sad. So sad.

"Are you saying that 'cause you don't know? I shouldn't. If I could, I would've helped her long back." I turned back to look at her. "But you see, old man, she's such a pure human soul. She doesn't deserve this. She did nothing wrong in this life. It must be past life. I wonder what sin she committed back then to be punished like this. Must be Suicide."

"No, it isn't." He replied quickly.

A little too quick.

"How do you know? Angels can only look in a person's near future by touch. Pasts are not even allowed so that we don't hate them. So, how do you know?"