page 5

Aarohi smiled and stared at me.
In front of us was a table for two, and dinner. The table had a red cloth covering it & two candles made it all warm & calm. It was night by now and the stars were shining beyond the fading clouds..
Beyond the table was the beach. The ocean glowed at night and you could see the jellyfish swimming around. The waves came at a calm speed unlike the usual afternoons where surfers could surf.
I hit the radio box nearby and it started playing some soothing romantic music.
Aarohi smiled at me. "Rahul.."
I smiled, "Yes Aarohi?"
Aarohi motioned for me to come closer. I think she had something to tell me.
I leaned in and out of surprise she kissed me. I couldn't help but smile.
She let go & hugged me, "Thank you for being the greatest guy ever. I love you. Thank you for granting me this dream. I love you Rahul."
"Aarohi I love you too."
********
We sat there and ate together. We were eating pasta. One long pasta piece was caught between my mouth and hers. She tugged on it to her side and ate inwards. I tugged more and ate it. In the end she ended up losing. Her lips met mine again.
"Uhh did that remind you of Lady and the Tramp?" Aarohi giggled.
I nodded.
*******
"My lady may I have this dance?" I held out my hand.
She grinned, "Of course my fine sir."
We got up and stood facing each other. The radio played a slow love song, .. and than it began to rain!
we smiled at each other.
For how could either of us ever forget our special moment in the rain.
I grinned, took my jacket off..
Held it over our heads
and recreated that beautiful moment because we'd cherish it forever.
Tum hi ho started to play...
"Ohh I love you." we said to each other after the kiss. I put the jacket over her red dress. And then we danced the night away.