page 6

I arrived at the studio at precisely 11AM. Saigal Uncle was shocked, "Right on time."
"Yeah.." I surveyed the studio. My vocal trainer Ricky was sitting there. Then I looked inside the booth for recording.. My eyes were shocked! It was the guy I bumped into! The one who was jogging while I was so busy admiring myself.
"Aarohi, this is Rahul." Saigal Uncle motioned at the guy as he placed the headphones down and walked out the booth towards me.
He held out his hand, "Hi! Nice to meet you. I'm a huge fan."
I smiled and shook his hand. Was it only me who felt like a zap of electricity when our hands touched? I let go instantly and turned to Ricky.
"What's the plan today?" I asked Ricky.
"Well, as you know Katrina's doing a new film alongside Hrithik Roshan, and they have a love song in the movie. Fans asked for you to sing it.. and we already had Rahul here on for it." Ricky explained.
I stared at Rahul.
"Yea I read it and liked it. I'm into this emotional kinda singing stuff.." he said while looking at me.
I shook it off & stared back at Ricky, "Okay so give me the lyrics and I'll just be ready to sing it!"
"That's not the only thing Aarohi beta.." Saigal Uncle spoke up. "The fans want you and Rahul to do a music video for the credits at the end of the movie."
I froze in place and looked at Sajid Uncle. I know he must know that I don't feel comfortable doing such things.
1) His name brings pain and tragedy. Thanks to my one true love.. or I thought he was.
2) I don't feel comfortable doing music videos related to love ever since his death.
3) " I don't even know him!" I whispered out loud. Oops.. I thought that was in my head.
Everyone looked at me, including Rahul who apparently blushed.
"That's why the recording will be done in a week. Until then, you & Rahul will get to know each other." Sajid Uncle looked at me. "And there is no backing out my little one."
I sighed. I should have not come.