Chapter 5 JOURNEY TO DREAM ISLAND

DEMESNE CLEAR OCEAN

It's not easy to say goodbye to people you're used to being with every day, but because it has to be done, we must wholeheartedly accept the truth and reality of life on Planet Quattuor. A few weeks before the last day for the eight-year-old children, parents were frantic with instructions and advice for their children. There's a possibility that some of them won't be able to return home.

Some will be chosen to live on Central Island and help develop the Planet, while others will be sent to the Azonal Realm, the other Territory, due to unavoidable circumstances and violations of the laws of Omphalos. Some are destined to become Azonal Denizens. They won't know their fate until the signal of their identity appears.

Only 5% of Pietas might not be able to return home, and everyone hopes that nothing unpleasant will happen to their offspring. It's painful to lose a child just like that, especially when the reason they can't return is unacceptable. If the parents' fears in the Demesne Zone come true, they will only be met with memories when the ship returns. Their children's belongings will be sent back, especially their diploma and the documentation of their life on Central Island.

In the middle of the Zone, the large ship to Omphalos stands tall. They will all meet there. A month before the voyage to the dream Island, the ship is already there, waiting for the young people who will study beyond the horizon. The ship's guardians are currently preparing their supplies. They need a lot of food because they will be traveling for two months across the ocean. They prepare a lot of foods such as meat, vegetables, and fruits. They can fish while sailing, taking seafood from the sea to supplement the consumption of the young people who will board the ship.

Even the smallest Pietas don't worry about their daily food because they are blessed with God's bounty from the sky. They just need to be careful with their environment so that the blessings from above won't be withheld.

Besides the food brought by the young Pietas, they also have extra provisions for Central Island. Prime Minister Rafa Orestes sent enough food for the newly arrived children. He loves his subjects dearly, so wherever they go, he supports them fully. If he could send food to the Azonal Realm, he would, but the King there is stubborn. He accuses Rafa of poisoning the Fascismos and threatening chaos. Rafa once did something like that when he first came to power, but he never repeated it because it only stained his name.

To reach their appointed destination in the depths of the ocean, they first travel through the Demesne River as a highway to get there. The river is deep enough for the huge boat to pass through, but it is wide, lovely, and has a swift current. At this moment, Priam Orestes heard the river murmur change, like a weird sweet song of beautiful natures giving the children of the future good luck cheers. There was a long wide river inside the core of the Demesne Zone, a large pier built when Prime Minister Rafa Orestes chose to lead their Territory.

The sun sank perfectly on the horizon when they finally reached the Demesne clear blue ocean.

"We'll be arriving at Central Island in a month!" Chveya Icarus said excitedly, talking to Rasmus Tarleki while they were inside Priam's cabin. They always visited Priam because his cabin was alone at the top of the ship. It had no neighboring cabins and was very quiet.

"We won't be left alone in that place, but we have to be careful because there are exploitative creatures from the Azonal Realm waiting for us," Rasmus said nervously. They chatted in Priam's cabin for a few more hours and said goodbye before dinner.

A fortnight later, the boat to Central Island was already far down the blue ocean. After a week, they had been constantly moving towards Omphalos. Priam chose to be alone in her cabin; there is a special cabin for royalty, standing at the front of the ship with its own door to the outside and railings of the large ship. Every night, she stayed there, watching the dark sky where only bright little stars ruled the world.

This was the first young girl's face he had seen in his dream in a long time. Priam couldn't be sure if it was a dream because she appeared in his mind when he was watching the stars begin to show their lights. He became interested in an innocent face in his mind. He wants to focus on her innocent face, or perhaps an even stronger motive was the desire to make sure he would remember her features. "I'd like to draw your portrait. . . ." Priam tried to ask permission to a girl in his dreams.

Could she possibly meet her in the future? Who is she? Why did she suddenly appear in his mind? She has the ability to speak in her dreams. Is she from Demesne Zone? Is it possible that she's aboard this boat?

"Draw my existence?" a girl sounded annoyed in her little voice. She couldn't understand what he was suggesting to her, either it led her to danger and a sinful situation.

"Yes, your portrait," Priam Orestes eagerly replied.

"Are you talking to me in your dreams? Or are you wide awake?" an innocent girl questioned him for assurance.

"I'm awake and my eyes are wide open," Priam replied to a girl in his mind, "Can I?"

"Do as you please," a reply from a little girl made him smile. This is the first time he encountered telepathic abilities. Her Mom Pereen told her about the dangerous yet very useful and special abilities of a denizen.

"I'm hesitant about what you're doing because we both know this shouldn't be happening. It's against the law of Planet Quattuor to communicate using the mind. It's against the law, and we could be imprisoned if the higher-ups find out," the little girl said at length inside his mind. She was right. But they were both innocent in this matter. They hadn't even started studying on Central Island, and they already had the ability to use their minds to communicate.

"Can I know what you're seeing now?" Priam couldn't help but be curious. He wanted to know where the person he was talking to inside his mind was from. He couldn't ask her name because there was a chance they would be discovered by those who were more skilled at using telepathic abilities. They're able to trace them if they mention names and descriptions.

"I see nothingness, just a black ocean from behind and a light of dreams in front of my eyes," a girl replied. 'She is not a Demesne Denizen, her place is opposite mine.' Priam was sure about it. This little girl was from the Azonal Realm. She is traveling now just like him. They connected through the current of waters and wind from the vast ocean. She's going to the Island of dreams. Hopefully, he encounters her when the boat reaches its destination.

"I am grateful for your presence."

"You are welcome and use your ink practically."

"I am. I always will be," he replied full of vividness and honesty.

"And please, be quiet do," a girl in his mind added a combination of a maxim and an aphorism.

"Sensible heart and afferent--one of the qualifications to be the good leader of one Realm," he spoke his mind.

"I am a small creature and never considered myself to rule the world," a girl with her humbleness.

Priam needed to get her attention so that the image of the little girl wouldn't disappear from his mind. He had started drawing a while ago. He had a talent for drawing pictures, and even the dimension of the eye was well depicted. He has the ability to portrait a person in the blink of an eye. He was a genius for handling anything. Remarkable son of the Prime Minister.

Priam's sketch was nearing completion, but his references started to shatter. The image of the face in his mind gradually faded and was replaced by reality. But he didn't feel any regret because he had managed to draw it well. He enjoyed looking at the mysterious creature on the paper he held. A unique face among the others.

"Everything in my bones screams at me that maybe there is a way for us out there to meet and greet each other. I would love to cling to that idea." Priam has a firm grasp of the paper and hopes to see her in reality.

Just wait. I'll find you wherever you are, in every possible way.