CHAPTER 1: THE INNOCENT TRAGEDY

There was a confirmation meeting in the hall of law.
"Is this young woman, a witch… or is the mystery all lies?!" A tall man yelled.
"What a foul remark?" The lawyer exclaimed as his voice echoed through the hall. "The girl is innocent and there is no law against it."
"Well how come we found her practising witchcraft in her dorm?" The man questioned determined he was correct. 
From the start of the sentence to the end, the hall grew silent.
"There is only one way to find out". The men with sticks of fire burning in the air chanted in anger "KILL THE WITCH, KILL THE WITCH, KILL THE WITCH." With their pitchforks at the ready they kicked the door of the assumed witch that lived inside the stone walls.
"What do you want, you've been bothering me for days?!" The young girl weeped, knowing that they had witnessed the secret she kept for years. 

They pulled at her arms as she insisted. Her legs being slowly sliced by rocks drew blood as her death was soon to come. 
"Any last words, WITCH!" The supposed 'lawyer' chuckled at the sight.  "One day, you will meet the same fate as me but you can turn back now for the clock ticks another hour so do my hours alive." The young woman stared in fear as the rope strained and strangled her sweaty neck. The people of the town thought for a second or two "It's true sir, you know the legend of The Midnight Stalker, don't you?" One of the town's students suggested:
"It's all lies like the things coming out of this girl's mouth... DROP THE ROPE!" The crowds chanted repeatedly in a slow and creepy tone "KILL THE WITCH, BURY HER AND SKIN HER, KILL THE WITCH, BURY HER AND SKIN HER." She sobbed until her cheeks became numb as the man she once saw as her father was now her murderer and she knew it.

By summermalstories