6 - Love Letter

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to support you when you performed, Jihoonie. Twice." Rie buries her face on Jihoon's shoulder. She feels bad now that she finally came back to her senses.

They are sitting on Rie's bed since they always hang out on either one's house every weekend.

"Ah. It's fine, Rie. It's good enough that you were the one who recommended me to the council. I should be the one apologizing to you," Jihoon replies. Rie sits up properly on her bed, a pillow on her lap. "Why?"

"I chose to perform even though I knew you were crying your butt out here. I should've ditched the program and cheered you up."

Rie slaps Jihoon's shoulder and laughs lightly. "You're so different today. Don't worry about me. I know how to handle myself. Ahh...I wish I were heartbroken everyday. It's such a rare sight to see you worrying about me." Rie squishes his cheeks but Jihoon doesn't move away because his best friend's satisfaction is the most important for him right now. Even if he won't admit it.

"Good thing it's Saturday today. You don't have to worry about seeing them for now. But, when will you talk to them? Maybe this was all a misunderstanding, don't you think so?"

Rie sighs and purses her lips, trying to think of an answer. "I don't know, Jihoon. You know me. When I say something, that's my final say. I'm not a fan of regretting. So, I'll talk whenever I should. Not just when I want to. Besides..."

Rie's face displays disappointment and sadness. "Shouldn't they be the one to talk to me first? You're pushing me to talk to them like I was the one who screwed up."

Jihoon opens his mouth to talk but finds no words. "You know that's not my intention," he finally says.

"Jihoon..."

"Hm?"

"Do you remember what I said when you auditioned for a talent show without telling me because you didn't want me to go full fangirl-mode if you ever win?"

Jihoon laughs and looks at Rie like she just said something weird. "We were 13, Rie. Why bring it up all of a sudden?"

Rie glares at Jihoon and asks once more, "But do you remember what I said?"

Jihoon tries to recall what she told him and hesitates to answer. "That... not saying anything to you is lying? And that you hated being lied to? Is that the answer you were expecting?"

Rie rests her body on her bed and breathes heavily. "Yeah. That's the answer. You know me so well, Jihoon. I wish they knew what kind of person I am, too. Maybe they would've reconsidered everything before doing what they did to me."

Jihoon joins her and lays on the bed beside her as well. "The only thing you can do is talk to them, Rie. I can accompany you if you want. Maybe they have something to say, too. Besides, didn't you tell me something when we were on our way home after you and Joshua had lunch together?"